BrollyLSSJ
Squire
Squire

Need advice for Human Formation and Hero formation (no PvP)

Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:47 am

Hi there,

I am playing the human race and wanted to know, what a good formation is. I do daily quests, void mirror and dragon raids only. No PvP (except daily Guard Tower for Stronghold Siege Daily Quest). At the beginning I used to have Gold Cavalry, but switched to Gold Swordsmen some weeks ago (it helped me to succeed in some more Void levels). My castle just turned 37, so my troops are now at level 12.

I am only using Patron and did not spend anything else. I got every hero except Denji (planning to get them from the next hero chests), Jacques, Nora (did not finish Void level 80 yet and am missing some of the needed currency) and Gafgar. I do not plan to play Dwarfs or Rakan as of yet.

My formation at the moment looks like this:

http://aoc.gold/f/#atP11tP61tPc1tPh1uO1 ... f930h950j9

If you have an advice for me to change the formation, that would be really nice. The most right Gold Swordsmen formation is not complete (got 88 Gold Swordsmen total, so that one is at 16 Gold Swordsmen).

My heroes are mostly at level 35 (Avalon is 36, Wraxius is 31 and Mako is 30).

Destination

Re: Need advice for Human Formation and Hero formation (no PvP)

Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:43 am

It depends, if you could drop siege completely it would be way easier for you to get a good formation. The daily siege quests is not needed to get all chests anyways.
For the other things you do you should just get as much gold archers as you can.

BrollyLSSJ
Squire
Squire

Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:06 pm

Thank you for the answer. My clan consists only of me as I am only playing for a short time each day (I am already working and also have other things to do), so that is the reason I do the siege quest instead of the borrowing and requesting resources. But I dont mind that my bronze troops get injured (and that some of them die) for the siege quest.

Should I switch the golden Swordsmen to golden Archers or should I continue with Swords and then start with archers?

Burnhard31
Knight
Knight

Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:43 am

Focus deep into Archers and as second into cavalry. Use all your goldcap for Archers at the moment.
Most void stages to 79 and also most of the stages after that you can do with all archers (also as frontline..). Sometimes its good to have gold cavalry, but mostly you can also use silver ones to prevent attacks on your archers.

Focus on your human heroes and also yip and denji (maybe Bane).
For Dragons Raids Denji is one of the strongest heroes because of his weaken armor.

Destination

Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:29 am

As the guy above said, for now go all out on gold archers. They are the best for the things you want to do. Just use bronze stuff for the siege quest then.

Xcaliboor
Knight
Knight

Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:58 am

My advice is to focus on gold swordsman as human. 4 full squads so you get maximum from Virions resurrection (if you combine 3 gold + one silver then Virion might spend his resurrection on silver swordsmen).
Invest in Swordsmen health.
Second most important human type are Archers. They are backbone and damage dealers. Invest in gold ones after you have filled first row with gold swordsmen. Forget about their health, they die if they get targeted.
Invest in Archers attack!
You can use 4 squads of archers in second row or borrow gold turtle from your second account and combine 3 archers + turtle.
When you siege, put 3 silver catapults in last row (each for 1 segment of wall) and fill rest with heroes.
Lay down your heroes smart, to max them out!
Avalon to give horn bonu to archers, Virion in back corner to survive whole fight and resurrect, Yip behind Avalon to give windtail to archers,... you will figure it out.

Now that you have good human siege formation you are just 15.000 honor and 2 heroes away from good PVE dwarf formation.
When you change to dwarf, your swordsmen will be converted to rocketeers (splash damage against small units) and your archers will be converted to Deadeyes (high crit damage, perfect against large units). All you need is Nora for Rocketeers bonus and Grimms for ammo wagon. Put silver Mech in front or you can even keep cavalry if you have Elena.
And you are ready for Void and time challenge events.
Just switch back to humans when you want to siege.

Destination

Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:28 am

Xcaliboor wrote:
My advice is to focus on gold swordsman as human. 4 full squads so you get maximum from Virions resurrection (if you combine 3 gold + one silver then Virion might spend his resurrection on silver swordsmen).
Invest in Swordsmen health.
Second most important human type are Archers. They are backbone and damage dealers. Invest in gold ones after you have filled first row with gold swordsmen. Forget about their health, they die if they get targeted.
Invest in Archers attack!
You can use 4 squads of archers in second row or borrow gold turtle from your second account and combine 3 archers + turtle.
When you siege, put 3 silver catapults in last row (each for 1 segment of wall) and fill rest with heroes.
Lay down your heroes smart, to max them out!
Avalon to give horn bonu to archers, Virion in back corner to survive whole fight and resurrect, Yip behind Avalon to give windtail to archers,... you will figure it out.

Now that you have good human siege formation you are just 15.000 honor and 2 heroes away from good PVE dwarf formation.
When you change to dwarf, your swordsmen will be converted to rocketeers (splash damage against small units) and your archers will be converted to Deadeyes (high crit damage, perfect against large units). All you need is Nora for Rocketeers bonus and Grimms for ammo wagon. Put silver Mech in front or you can even keep cavalry if you have Elena.
And you are ready for Void and time challenge events.
Just switch back to humans when you want to siege.

He doesnt want to siege. So gold swordsman are not what you want.

Xcaliboor
Knight
Knight

Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:07 am

Then he should switch fully to other race as soon as possible.

Humans = Siege
Rakans = PVE, Duels, Void, Colosseum
Dwarfs = Siege, Void, PVE
Linch = Duels, Colosseum, high power, Defence

Choose your race accordingly to your game style for best experience.

Burnhard31
Knight
Knight

Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:14 pm

Cant be with you, play what makes you fun and close your gaps.
But overall he can do anything with humans and beeing ok so it isnt a bad way.

Blazerknight
Squire
Squire

Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:34 pm

What can I change to my formatons and I only have 4 gold units (swordsman and spearmen). Highest level hero is Avalon at lvl 40 then virion,vallari at lvl 35, and rufio,Vega,Avril around 30,and Wraxius,gazuel, grimmes, gan below 30.
http://aoc.gold/f/#Dt61tc1r11rh1v14vj4u ... 7ak76i7-d7