Krakatoa
Knight
Knight

Automatic "Notify Me When Someone Comments" when Posting

Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:49 am

Instead of having to check a box every time we comment so that we get notified when a reply is posted, wouldn't it be easier to make it a universal option in the user's control panel? Instead, if a person does not want to receive notifications from that particular post, THEN an option should be provided to stop the notifications. Just a thought
:twisted: Krakatoa :twisted:

CURRENTLY:
Server 23
Green
Krakatoa

hengli
Lilith Games Staff - Admin

Re: Automatic "Notify Me When Someone Comments" when Posting

Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:48 am

Krakatoa wrote:
Instead of having to check a box every time we comment so that we get notified when a reply is posted, wouldn't it be easier to make it a universal option in the user's control panel? Instead, if a person does not want to receive notifications from that particular post, THEN an option should be provided to stop the notifications. Just a thought

Hi, I think this is what you want:

Subscriptions and Bookmarks

What is the difference between bookmarking and subscribing?

In the previous version from this forum, bookmarking topics worked much like bookmarking in a web browser. You were not alerted when there was an update. As of now, bookmarking is more like subscribing to a topic. You can be notified when a bookmarked topic is updated. Subscribing, however, will notify you when there is an update to a topic or forum on the board. Notification options for bookmarks and subscriptions can be configured in the User Control Panel, under “Board preferences”.

How do I bookmark or subscribe to specific topics?

You can bookmark or subscribe to a specific topic by clicking the appropriate link in the “Topic tools” menu, conveniently located near the top and bottom of a topic discussion.
Replying to a topic with the “Notify me when a reply is posted” option checked will also subscribe you to the topic.

How do I subscribe to specific forums?
To subscribe to a specific forum, click the “Subscribe forum” link, at the bottom of page, upon entering the forum.

How do I remove my subscriptions?
To remove your subscriptions, go to your User Control Panel and follow the links to your subscriptions.

Krakatoa
Knight
Knight

Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:59 am

hengli wrote:
Krakatoa wrote:

In the previous version from this forum, bookmarking topics worked much like bookmarking in a web browser. You were not alerted when there was an update. As of now, bookmarking is more like subscribing to a topic. You can be notified when a bookmarked topic is updated. Subscribing, however, will notify you when there is an update to a topic or forum on the board. Notification options for bookmarks and subscriptions can be configured in the User Control Panel, under “Board preferences”.

You can bookmark or subscribe to a specific topic by clicking the appropriate link in the “Topic tools” menu, conveniently located near the top and bottom of a topic discussion.
Replying to a topic with the “Notify me when a reply is posted” option checked will also subscribe you to the topic.

To subscribe to a specific forum, click the “Subscribe forum” link, at the bottom of page, upon entering the forum.

To remove your subscriptions, go to your User Control Panel and follow the links to your subscriptions.

Nope. I read all of that. I was referring to the following, which is what has to be checked when a reply to one's post is received. Sometimes I don't want to see every single post in a topic but I want to see the replies to my suggestion
pic.jpg

CURRENTLY:
Server 23
Green
Krakatoa

hengli

Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:04 am

Krakatoa wrote:
hengli wrote:
Krakatoa wrote:

Nope. I read all of that. I was referring to the following, which is what has to be checked when a reply to one's post is received. Sometimes I don't want to see every single post in a topic but I want to see the replies to my suggestion
pic.jpg

But that's exactly what you are getting when you subscribe to the topic. If you only want to receive notifications when somebody talks about your suggestion you don't need to mark this as you will be notified when a person quotes your post.

Krakatoa
Knight
Knight

Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:49 am

hengli wrote:
Krakatoa wrote:
hengli wrote:

pic.jpg

But that's exactly what you are getting when you subscribe to the topic. If you only want to receive notifications when somebody talks about your suggestion you don't need to mark this as you will be notified when a person quotes your post.

Gotcha, thanks!

CURRENTLY:
Server 23
Green
Krakatoa

ganoinee
Squire
Squire

Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:40 am

Notify me when someone comments and getting the effective thoughts always for great posting with us,thanks. I know about uk best essays review and getting the effective writing thoughts and essential paper essays.