Apollyon
Baron
Baron

Suggestion: Funnel new players to older servers

Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:28 pm

This post is spurred by a large block of players on my current server all planning on moving to the newest opening server so that they can be on a server with more active players. Of course - this will cause the current server to suffer from an even worse lack of players. And then a month from now they will be doing the same thing.

Instead of creating new servers, why not funnel new players to older servers with less activity?

I don't see the downside of having new and old accounts playing on the same server - as long as they are equally distributed among kingdoms. The nature of this game is one of teamwork - as long as each team has approximately the same amount of variance in the age of its accounts then wouldnt everything be even?

I don't see a problem with the whole "bully" mechanic between older and newer players either - I stated a new account on an established server and am not having any problems with it, because I dont let my resource stockpile into the mid-teens and I actually keep a garrison. The people that get "bullied" are the ones that leave themselves vulnerable and open to attack on a PvP war game. They will find themselves the same target of attacks on a fresh server. Its about their mentality towards the game, not the other players.

When an account hits 30 days inactive, automatically funnel a new player who chose that Kingdom into that accounts slot, and suspend the account temporarily. When that player returns (if that player returns), then move them to a different random server who needs a player of that Kingdom.

A game in which everyone has max lvl castles and research, and all gold defense is as stagnant as a server with 20 players. Its the ambition to move up and improve that fuels the want to advance ones place, therefore their house, therefore their KD.

This isnt a post to encourage putting new targets into old servers, but instead keep all servers roughly balanced with the same spectrum of players in all KDs.

saeksaek0009
Baron
Baron

Re: Suggestion: Funnel new players to older servers

Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:01 am

saeksaek0009
Baron
Baron

Re: Suggestion: Funnel new players to older servers

Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:02 am

saeksaek0009
Baron