User avatar
Apollyon
Baron
Baron
Posts: 121
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:21 am

Suggestion: End the 99 cent patron deal

Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:30 pm

Its turning people off from buying it after the deal runs out. People are leaving the game because their Patron is running out and they don't think its a good deal to renew it. $4.99 IS a good deal, but put it next to $ .99 and it just doesnt have the same appeal however.

If we remove the stigma of not having Patron by starting it off at the normal cost, then it will lead to different expectations going forward - namely "wow im losing all these bonuses and ill have to pay 5x as much to renew it? ill just go to a new server and pay .99 again"
 
User avatar
Krakatoa
Knight
Knight
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:54 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Suggestion: End the 99 cent patron deal

Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:14 pm

Apollyon wrote:
Its turning people off from buying it after the deal runs out. People are leaving the game because their Patron is running out and they don't think its a good deal to renew it. $4.99 IS a good deal, but put it next to $ .99 and it just doesnt have the same appeal however.

If we remove the stigma of not having Patron by starting it off at the normal cost, then it will lead to different expectations going forward - namely "wow im losing all these bonuses and ill have to pay 5x as much to renew it? ill just go to a new server and pay .99 again"


Hey, $4.99 is already a great deal, some of us pay $6.99 just because we use an iPad or iPhone. Supposedly Apple automatically adds the extra charge for the in-app purchase (according to support) but that's not true. Hero packages are $129.00 on IOS
:twisted: Krakatoa :twisted:

CURRENTLY:
Server 23
Green
Krakatoa

_____________________________
"Karma is simply life's bank account. Nobody can live on overdraft forever"
 
User avatar
Zinek
Baron
Baron
Posts: 415
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:15 pm

Re: Suggestion: End the 99 cent patron deal

Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:08 am

Krakatoa wrote:
Apollyon wrote:
Its turning people off from buying it after the deal runs out. People are leaving the game because their Patron is running out and they don't think its a good deal to renew it. $4.99 IS a good deal, but put it next to $ .99 and it just doesnt have the same appeal however.

If we remove the stigma of not having Patron by starting it off at the normal cost, then it will lead to different expectations going forward - namely "wow im losing all these bonuses and ill have to pay 5x as much to renew it? ill just go to a new server and pay .99 again"


Hey, $4.99 is already a great deal, some of us pay $6.99 just because we use an iPad or iPhone. Supposedly Apple automatically adds the extra charge for the in-app purchase (according to support) but that's not true. Hero packages are $129.00 on IOS


It's 99 cents usd 1.29 can 4.99 usd 6.99 Canadian. This may be your issue as it is mine.
My player guide for The Art of Conquest. If you have any questions feel free to ask them. You can find me here or on this forum or on the offical AoC discord just @Zinek

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=13293
 
User avatar
Apollyon
Baron
Baron
Posts: 121
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:21 am

Re: Suggestion: End the 99 cent patron deal

Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:02 am

Zinek wrote:
It's 99 cents usd 1.29 can 4.99 usd 6.99 Canadian. This may be your issue as it is mine.


Nah, I am not complaining about the pricing or anything like that. I am just talking about the first month of patron which is offered at a drastically reduced price. I have overheard multiple people saying they are moving servers because their Patron status is running out - instead of paying the higher price to renew it on the current server. I am suggesting that they start out at Patron at the full price so that so that these people don't get sticker shock and leave servers with less players when they see the jump in price.

The pricing for Patron is very reasonable, and I think most people who would pay the reduced price would also pay the normal price for the first month.
 
Parugeon
Knight
Knight
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:02 am

Re: Suggestion: End the 99 cent patron deal

Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:53 am

As most servers dont even last a month before player base drops due to the unrestricted wallet players that have a huge impact on balance I dont see the 99c patron being an issue.

In fact $1 for patron as a normal price would be in effect a much more appealing price overall. It would solve the issue you stated with people moving servers because of the increase, while it would also appeal to many more to purchase it and encourage them to continue playing.
 
User avatar
Krakatoa
Knight
Knight
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:54 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Suggestion: End the 99 cent patron deal

Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:12 pm

Zinek wrote:
Krakatoa wrote:
Apollyon wrote:
Its turning people off from buying it after the deal runs out. People are leaving the game because their Patron is running out and they don't think its a good deal to renew it. $4.99 IS a good deal, but put it next to $ .99 and it just doesnt have the same appeal however.

If we remove the stigma of not having Patron by starting it off at the normal cost, then it will lead to different expectations going forward - namely "wow im losing all these bonuses and ill have to pay 5x as much to renew it? ill just go to a new server and pay .99 again"


Hey, $4.99 is already a great deal, some of us pay $6.99 just because we use an iPad or iPhone. Supposedly Apple automatically adds the extra charge for the in-app purchase (according to support) but that's not true. Hero packages are $129.00 on IOS


It's 99 cents usd 1.29 can 4.99 usd 6.99 Canadian. This may be your issue as it is mine.
:twisted: Krakatoa :twisted:

CURRENTLY:
Server 23
Green
Krakatoa

_____________________________
"Karma is simply life's bank account. Nobody can live on overdraft forever"
 
User avatar
Krakatoa
Knight
Knight
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:54 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Suggestion: End the 99 cent patron deal

Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:15 pm

Zinek wrote:
Krakatoa wrote:
Apollyon wrote:
Its turning people off from buying it after the deal runs out. People are leaving the game because their Patron is running out and they don't think its a good deal to renew it. $4.99 IS a good deal, but put it next to $ .99 and it just doesnt have the same appeal however.

If we remove the stigma of not having Patron by starting it off at the normal cost, then it will lead to different expectations going forward - namely "wow im losing all these bonuses and ill have to pay 5x as much to renew it? ill just go to a new server and pay .99 again"


Hey, $4.99 is already a great deal, some of us pay $6.99 just because we use an iPad or iPhone. Supposedly Apple automatically adds the extra charge for the in-app purchase (according to support) but that's not true. Hero packages are $129.00 on IOS


It's 99 cents usd 1.29 can 4.99 usd 6.99 Canadian. This may be your issue as it is mine.


Probably, now we just have to hope the price of oil goes up <grin>
:twisted: Krakatoa :twisted:

CURRENTLY:
Server 23
Green
Krakatoa

_____________________________
"Karma is simply life's bank account. Nobody can live on overdraft forever"
 
saeksaek0009
Baron
Baron
Posts: 173
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:30 pm

Re: Suggestion: End the 99 cent patron deal

Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:06 am

 
saeksaek0009
Baron
Baron
Posts: 173
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:30 pm

Re: Suggestion: End the 99 cent patron deal

Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:07 am

 
saeksaek0009
Baron
Baron
Posts: 173
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:30 pm

Re: Suggestion: End the 99 cent patron deal

Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:07 am

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests