Cheerios7204
Baron
Baron

Suggestion - Lower Power Requirement to Siege A Castle

Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:05 am

We're working with castle of all levels, it'd be nice to lower the power requirements to hit higher level castles so lower level castles can help with sieging those higher level castles. It would also be helpful because then equal level castles could hit with copper units and then it would encourage more attacks, which makes the game more fun, especially when you're not having to risk your expensive units.
Realm: S60
Kingdom: Athaly

Aluminara
Baron
Baron

Re: Suggestion - Lower Power Requirement to Siege A Castle

Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:43 am

Maybe wait till your castle get hits because of those changes. I would say you would not be too happy with them then. I think they are fine.
Cirilla - Realm 61 - Athaly - Order of Chaos
Aluminara - Realm 39 - Neferak - Free Lancing

Parugeon
Knight
Knight

Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:32 am

Cheerios7204 wrote:
We're working with castle of all levels, it'd be nice to lower the power requirements to hit higher level castles so lower level castles can help with sieging those higher level castles. It would also be helpful because then equal level castles could hit with copper units and then it would encourage more attacks, which makes the game more fun, especially when you're not having to risk your expensive units.

I really couldn't agree more and have mentioned this before. While I understand the npc side of it and wouldn't change that I believe that the power required to attack another players castle needs to be reduced or removed. It would promote far more activity from everyone and would give the lower players a chance to feel helpful. Yes its true that you will be hit by alot more people but its also true that if you have put a good effort into your defence your fine

Aluminara
Baron
Baron

Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:36 am

Parugeon wrote:
I really couldn't agree more and have mentioned this before. While I understand the npc side of it and wouldn't change that I believe that the power required to attack another players castle needs to be reduced or removed. It would promote far more activity from everyone and would give the lower players a chance to feel helpful. Yes its true that you will be hit by alot more people but its also true that if you have put a good effort into your defence your fine

I was guarding a friends castle who was a lot lower level castle than mine. I had golds defending so was not worried. Because my friend was so low, the stronger player could field a how bronze army. Yes, I won the battle but because of hero abilities they took out some of my golds. Then did it again, and again and again till they wiped all my golds out. Sure their heroes were hurt for an hour in between but my gold troops were out for days. Then went my resources. Because I was the highest level castle (level 22) in the house, with me out of the way the city fell. I am Human and had gold archers, swordsmen and Cavalry.

Cheerios7204
Baron
Baron

Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:50 pm

Aluminara wrote:
Parugeon wrote:
I was guarding a friends castle who was a lot lower level castle than mine. I had golds defending so was not worried. Because my friend was so low, the stronger player could field a how bronze army. Yes, I won the battle but because of hero abilities they took out some of my golds. Then did it again, and again and again till they wiped all my golds out. Sure their heroes were hurt for an hour in between but my gold troops were out for days. Then went my resources. Because I was the highest level castle (level 22) in the house, with me out of the way the city fell. I am Human and had gold archers, swordsmen and Cavalry.

That's a good point. There are some aspects of sieging castles that need work, i'll have to think some more of what could be done. Lowering hospitals time for gold and higher level units would be better for sure. Maybe a linear growth in hospitals time instead of an exponential growth.
Realm: S60
Kingdom: Athaly

Hisoka
Baron
Baron

Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:17 pm

I can agree to this. Bit too high to do attacks
I wouldnt want it removed otherwise castle 8s would be able to siege castle 20s but id like it reduced a bit
A way to get around it is loan eachother troops
Last night my guys sieged a big city and its roughly a new server so people are low in power and have issues sieging the 17s wakls
To get around it, we loaned eachother silvers and golds although still had issues fitting catapults in

Parugeon
Knight
Knight

Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:57 pm

Aluminara wrote:
Parugeon wrote:

Ouch not a nice outcome. I feel for you but this is a perfect example of what high level game play should be like...... waves of fodder to slowly whittle away your opponent not launch everything you have to both walk away with heavy loses leaving you both out for days.
As your example said you were defending a lower person which gave high level players the ability to field bronze.... but that itself is the only real reason you took losses..... if a player the same castle strength as your friend or even someone 3-4 castle levels below you had attacked I doubt they would have done near as much dmg or would have given you sufficient time to pull your troops back.

As it is now the game has created the "untouchables"! People who spend money without restriction race ahead and can not be touched by anyone else other than their mirror versions. They are then free to do what ever they feel like.

Like I said I wouldn't change the npc power requirements as that would allow big and giant cities to be captured way to easily and there are ways to help get to that power requirement however think player cities power needs to be hit hard

Aluminara
Baron
Baron

Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:38 am

Parugeon wrote:
Ouch not a nice outcome. I feel for you but this is a perfect example of what high level game play should be like...... waves of fodder to slowly whittle away your opponent not launch everything you have to both walk away with heavy loses leaving you both out for days.
As your example said you were defending a lower person which gave high level players the ability to field bronze.... but that itself is the only real reason you took losses..... if a player the same castle strength as your friend or even someone 3-4 castle levels below you had attacked I doubt they would have done near as much dmg or would have given you sufficient time to pull your troops back.

As it is now the game has created the "untouchables"! People who spend money without restriction race ahead and can not be touched by anyone else other than their mirror versions. They are then free to do what ever they feel like.

It would force people to use their rare resource so they can't lose them to looting. I just feel like it would break the game because people wouldn't want to leave the capital or only do it for small moments. The gain for being a small city, just so your kingdom has the territory would not be worth the loss of resource or hospital you would be facing.

I don't know the solution tbh, I get what you are saying. End game there is no way you are going to gain any more territory because you just need 2 untouchables in a city to hold it. The reward from capturing a city end game is nowhere near the cost of the battle, so there is no point.

Parugeon
Knight
Knight

Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:01 am

Aluminara wrote:
Parugeon wrote:

It would force people to use their rare resource so they can't lose them to looting. I just feel like it would break the game because people wouldn't want to leave the capital or only do it for small moments. The gain for being a small city, just so your kingdom has the territory would not be worth the loss of resource or hospital you would be facing.

I don't know the solution tbh, I get what you are saying. End game there is no way you are going to gain any more territory because you just need 2 untouchables in a city to hold it. The reward from capturing a city end game is nowhere near the cost of the battle, so there is no point.

As it is now people should be using them over hording anyway as that only turns them into targets. The retreat to capital doesnt work either amd I dont reccommend it as people can still attack you effortlessly there through revenge. Costing you more than you realise.

I agree it will throw a spanner in the works for alot of bigger players but think it will help stop higher level players from stomping over lower levels because they can and will actually be able to impact in some way aswell.

As you have seen at end game 1 player with a high enough castle can hold a city all by themselves. While this is cool and all I certainly believe that players should be able to challenge that person. No city should be able to be held by one person full stop and thats what leads to maps being over run easily.

Aluminara
Baron
Baron

Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:32 am

I will add one thing though, there does need to be a way for low-level castles to caught up. As of right now if you do not start as soon as a server goes live you are at a disadvantage. This adds to servers dying fast and no new players coming to help out the population.