Parugeon
Knight
Knight

Fix the massive imbalance between ftp and p2w

Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:48 am

While all games these days have the option to spend money to help give you an edge they for the most part keep it fairly balanced. So while spending money gives you some perks and an edge it doesnt make it so they can walk all over other players causing them to either have a really bad experience playing the game or just plain driving them away.

As it stands right now a major cause for such unstable server populations is the fact their is no restrictions placed on money spenders. Be it the ability to rush yourself 5+ levels above everybody else or purchase troops of a quality and level higher than they themselves can even make........!

To make it worse you then brought out a patch that rewarded these players for rushing above everybody else in the form of stopping players who are half their power from challenging them........ sit there and watch that money spender while they unchallenged rape and pillage all your hard work. Working hard to level up so you can explore and capture that city in the next unlockable area...... well sorry that player that has spent money and has rushed ahead has already captured that city. Still want that city fine attack it but then experience that money spender destroy all your hardwork purely on the back of money.

I have read so many suggestions, comments and complaints regarding this issue with literally nothing being answered or addressed.
There have been some amazing ideas placed in the forums from people who have been involved or around games for years and while it might not be nice to consider or take in these ideas for pride or arrogance sakes these people really like the game you have created and want it to be enjoyed by everyone...... not just the few who spend big money to feel good about themselves.

If you want to pm me I'd be quite happy to show you screen shots of just how stupid crazy things can get when you allow 0 restrictions on money impacting game balance.

Hisoka
Baron
Baron

Re: Fix the massive imbalance between ftp and p2w

Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:49 am

Agreed, or at least attempt it, the current shop benefite them too much as well as ftp players hardly get gold units in their shop and one ptw will get 6 different ones in a row and have plenty energy potions and rush(still think they should be removed or significanrly reduced)

Aluminara
Baron
Baron

Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:04 pm

I hope this vent helped you. They have listened to some of the things we have said. If it was us or just something they decided anyways we will never know. The city rewards were just reduced which is one thing, Cleo being OP being another and them being kind enough to do a hero exchange. They have mentioned listening to feed back before doing things, can only guess it is from the PTR. And I have never made or been involved in making a game, so we don't know their costs. But money talks and if they start losing it because of their actions then that will be that.

Sorry, don't think I have anything great to add, just maybe a piece of understanding to help you make up your mind if you want to quit because of the changes or see it out. The game is far from finished.
Cirilla - Realm 61 - Athaly - Order of Chaos
Aluminara - Realm 39 - Neferak - Free Lancing

Hisoka
Baron
Baron

Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:14 pm

Aluminara wrote:
I hope this vent helped you. They have listened to some of the things we have said. If it was us or just something they decided anyways we will never know. The city rewards were just reduced which is one thing, Cleo being OP being another and them being kind enough to do a hero exchange. They have mentioned listening to feed back before doing things, can only guess it is from the PTR. And I have never made or been involved in making a game, so we don't know their costs. But money talks and if they start losing it because of their actions then that will be that.

Sorry, don't think I have anything great to add, just maybe a piece of understanding to help you make up your mind if you want to quit because of the changes or see it out. The game is far from finished.

Nobody said anything about quitting, sometimes it just makes it less fun when you have castle 18s against you who bought 7 different gold troop types in shop and just bully everyone since they rush timed their way to power

Aluminara
Baron
Baron

Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:20 pm

That is why I said "Or see it out" :D

Parugeon
Knight
Knight

Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:19 am

Aluminara wrote:

I hope it didnt come across as a vent or raging but I just chose not to sugar coat anything.
I have to give the developers a massive compliment for the game itself and there balancing of the ingame element of races and heroes that they have done really well with and I love what they have done with the new way we spend ability points into skills based on hero level. There could be more done with the dwarf race being able to heal mechs but thats not for here lol.

What I do want from this post is an answer from lilith or at least an acknowledgment that right now the ftp and p2w balance is so out of wack and that they are actually working on a resolution for this. Yes they are listening to us but all these changes are inner game mechanics. These game mechanics like heroes eg. Cleo have come from players suggestions and complaints however it would not surprise me one bit if the majority of complaints came from p2w money bags that have had there money bought golds killed by a ftp player getting picked on..... not saying this is the case but it wouldn't surprise me.

I enjoy the game so will continue playing but as it stands the game is far from as enjoyable as it could and should be.

Aluminara
Baron
Baron

Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:52 am

Yep yep. I guess I have been on the forum a bit and realized that we might not have said thanks enough. and I do agree that this game is highly p2w but a few whales can not win the server, from what I have seen. Mid game the gap closes a bit and they can not hold every city by themselves. Server 61 has some crazy whales on Dunwulf and at least one on Icarum but because of the population and team work on Athaly (or we just had more orcas can't really tell), Athaly is winning. They have even taken territory off Dunwulf and Icarum.

Hisoka
Baron
Baron

Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:35 am

One of my house members suggested that there be servers where you pay for a subscription to play the server as a entrance fee and you buy one hero but you cant buy anything else using linari only ingame coins
I found it interesting, would love to see a test server like this, id pay to play in it as long as theres no whales(and since everyone pays to enter, the server still gets revenue)

Hisoka
Baron
Baron

Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:47 pm

The main imbalance is the fact that ptw can buy a bunch of golds and be set
For example me: 60k silver human player
Ptw player 90k challenges me lich player
I win with plenty of troops left alive as my horses demolished their silvers
They come back with two sets of gold spearmen(now my horses are useless), 1 set gold archers, 1 set mounted archers, one set gold blasters, and one set gold horses and rest just spiders or scorps
Not to mention they also linari healed their spiders
The shop system is broken tbh
You buy one set of silver troops more likely for golds to appear
Buy one gold and for all you know 4 sets of gold troops appear next shop reset
Whereas lower spender or ftp may never see a single gold in their shop
Seen some ss’s of shop from spenders
10 energy potions 100 linari each energy potion for like 3 slots of their many slots
Spender buys 2h rush time, more twoh rush and other rushes appear in shop easily letting ptw players take advantage of the system and rush 5 castles ahead of everyone else on the server to where they no longer need to spend linari on rush and just move in a building speed time city and keep castle rushing and troop level rushing to where they have more than double the power of anyone on the server literally breaking all balance within the server and making them uncontestable(which i dont see why this is even fun to anyone, if anything just makes others quit)

Hisoka
Baron
Baron

Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:47 pm

Oh and giving away several thousand linaris didnt help the situation either