Apollyon
Baron
Baron

Re: Fix the massive imbalance between ftp and p2w

Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:21 pm

There are downsides to spending though. I bought 2 squads to use and now I can't train any gold units for my garrison, and if any die in battle I can't train more since they are neutral units so I can only use gold units on my own territory. So while stronger in duels in my kingdom i am alot weaker in my garrison and attacking in other territories

Hisoka
Baron
Baron

Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:26 pm

Apollyon wrote:
There are downsides to spending though. I bought 2 squads to use and now I can't train any gold units for my garrison, and if any die in battle I can't train more since they are neutral units so I can only use gold units on my own territory. So while stronger in duels in my kingdom i am alot weaker in my garrison and attacking in other territories

Yes, im sure there is many “downsides” to having gold units while majority of the server doesnt even have silver troops :| im sure they will 100% be killed by an enemy while being 5 castles ahead t where you probably dont even get your silvers or bronze troops injured in pvp but your gold troops will definitely be the things dying lol
(Obvious sarcasm for those who dont know)

Zinek
Baron
Baron

Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:42 pm

Apollyon wrote:

That's when you just put them in the garrison and buy more later. There is only a downside if you let it be a weakness. Buying units is supposed to be used as a boost of power for a short time you are not supposed to sit on it for a week. Use it to capture that large city at castle 12 or that giant city at castle 17.
My player guide for The Art of Conquest. If you have any questions feel free to ask them. You can find me here or on this forum or on the offical AoC discord just @Zinek

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=13293

Apollyon
Baron
Baron

Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:29 pm

Lol you act as though people have unlimited funds.i saved up my patron and waited for a 50% off sale, so I would rather use my units than putting 20 days of saving into the garrison

Also not sure about your server but on mine 90% of players already have gold units.

Aluminara
Baron
Baron

Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:41 pm

Apollyon wrote:
Lol you act as though people have unlimited funds.i saved up my patron and waited for a 50% off sale, so I would rather use my units than putting 20 days of saving into the garrison

Also not sure about your server but on mine 90% of players already have gold units.

Well, it looks like you were trying to play smart. Continue that trend and only use gold troops when you have 100% injury... Or if you are going to risk it maybe except the consequence.
Cirilla - Realm 61 - Athaly - Order of Chaos
Aluminara - Realm 39 - Neferak - Free Lancing

Kirkis
Knight
Knight

Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:45 am

This game is really not pay to win.. If you compare the benefits of buying currency with a game like "Clash of Clans" or "Game of War", you will realize how drastic the difference is. If this game was really pay-to-win, the developers would have let you pay linari to upgrade buildings (ex: 1 linari is equal to 1 minute). The packs also do not give you a lot of items and resources so for me, it's not really worth it. If you buy linari then sure you are able to buy troops. However, just like any troops, they can be killed. the worst case scenario would be a player who spends thousands of dollars buying heroes and gold troops and wrecking havoc with that.

Hopefully that type of player isn't on my server.. hopefully.
Citizen of Wales and knower of nothing.

Hisoka
Baron
Baron

Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:54 am

Kirkis wrote:
This game is really not pay to win.. If you compare the benefits of buying currency with a game like "Clash of Clans" or "Game of War", you will realize how drastic the difference is. If this game was really pay-to-win, the developers would have let you pay linari to upgrade buildings (ex: 1 linari is equal to 1 minute). The packs also do not give you a lot of items and resources so for me, it's not really worth it. If you buy linari then sure you are able to buy troops. However, just like any troops, they can be killed. the worst case scenario would be a player who spends thousands of dollars buying heroes and gold troops and wrecking havoc with that.

You do realize when you buy a lot of rush time more rush time tends to show up in shop? Its how players are always 6 castles ahead of people without avoiding most buildings

Kirkis
Knight
Knight

Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:42 am

Hisoka wrote:
Kirkis wrote:

You do realize when you buy a lot of rush time more rush time tends to show up in shop? Its how players are always 6 castles ahead of people without avoiding most buildings

But even so, it is limited to every 8 hours instead of buying it all at once. Still different from other games.

Parugeon
Knight
Knight

Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:46 am

Kirkis wrote:

At the end you literally just summed up how this is easily a p2w game because that is exactly what some people are able to do thanks to there being absolutely no restrictions for money spenders. Clash of clans while it takes money is not anywhere near the imbalances that this game has from whales.

For your mention of if this game was actually p2w you could use linari to boost building construction....... thats exactly what you can do. As it stands now the shop is by far the biggest issue with balance between ftp and p2w. As an example right now the shop adjusts to how much money you invest in it. Mithril chests upgrade to gold and so on and so on. Bundles upgrade in quality aswell depending on how much you spend. While late game this isnt as noticeable due to the long building times and the shop resetting every 8hrs however early game.... well god damn it makes a huge difference there and is more than likely why so many give up after 5-7days. Eg a wallet player in the first day, yes thats right inside 24hrs can go from start lvl to easily castle lvl15-16 if not higher and being 4-5 times the power of everyone else all on the back of $$$. How then is it possible that a ftp player skilled in the game and knows exactly how to build what they needed and focus on that could do that in 5-7 days..........thats 4-6 days that wallet player has had to farm off everyone trying to level and build up. Then when that player has hit that castle 15-16 guess what that wallet player is now lvl21+. If something is not done to limit wallet players spending in the early stages this game will for ever be opening servers every 24hrs like it already does and its player base will be those very wallet players playing by themselves

Kirkis
Knight
Knight

Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:07 am

Parugeon wrote:
Kirkis wrote:

At the end you literally just summed up how this is easily a p2w game because that is exactly what some people are able to do thanks to there being absolutely no restrictions for money spenders. Clash of clans while it takes money is not anywhere near the imbalances that this game has from whales.

For your mention of if this game was actually p2w you could use linari to boost building construction....... thats exactly what you can do. As it stands now the shop is by far the biggest issue with balance between ftp and p2w. As an example right now the shop adjusts to how much money you invest in it. Mithril chests upgrade to gold and so on and so on. Bundles upgrade in quality aswell depending on how much you spend. While late game this isnt as noticeable due to the long building times and the shop resetting every 8hrs however early game.... well god damn it makes a huge difference there and is more than likely why so many give up after 5-7days. Eg a wallet player in the first day, yes thats right inside 24hrs can go from start lvl to easily castle lvl15-16 if not higher and being 4-5 times the power of everyone else all on the back of $$$. How then is it possible that a ftp player skilled in the game and knows exactly how to build what they needed and focus on that could do that in 5-7 days..........thats 4-6 days that wallet player has had to farm off everyone trying to level and build up. Then when that player has hit that castle 15-16 guess what that wallet player is now lvl21+. If something is not done to limit wallet players spending in the early stages this game will for ever be opening servers every 24hrs like it already does and its player base will be those very wallet players playing by themselves

This game seriously does not even compare to how pay to win clash and the other games are. You cannot pour your linari straight into speed ups and resources as there is a timer in the shop. And this happens in every game, not just this one. In fact, I actually see less big spenders in the game compared to clash or game of war. The developers need to make money somehow and they are already gracious enough because you cannot use linari as speedups as is. There is not one "strategy" game that does not have pay-to-win aspects. Never said this game was not pay-to-win, just said that it was less pay-to-win than other games; and it is obvious.