Jacqli
Squire
Squire

Buff/changes suggestion for rufio

Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:32 pm

As most of u guys know, this hero only great when fighting early game against adventure enemy, when fighting in PVP Rufio often give enemy free morale boost when killing him due to him being melee hero with no aura ability and no tanking ability beside regen, and his strong physique ability is literally useless and no one bothers to get him because of this. So here the changes that I suggest:

Heroic Leap
Instead of using his hand, change the animation into using a sword.
effect stays the same

Chopping Blade
stay the same

Strong Physique => Resilience
Resilience stay the same

Blade Dance (costs 1 energy)
stay the same

Resilience => Strong Physique
Rufio strong physique allows him to overpower enemy and take more damage from them, deal X more damage to all the enemy units and reduced damage taken by X/2 by all enemy
Example: Level 1: deal 20% more damage to all enemy units and reduces damage taken by 10% by all enemy

Destructive One => Blade of destruction
Rufio imbues his blade with his destructive aura increasing his attack range. Rufio weapon range increase by x, his attack deal AoE damage in front of him and increase heroic leap, chopping blade and blade dance range by x.

note: with heroic leap changes, all Rufio attack will be using a blade and with his ultimate, his blade will have longer range and his passive will allow him to tank damage more as a melee hero. with this changes, u can spec Rufio to stunner tank or DPS AoE hero.

What do u guys think about this change?

Cheerios7204
Baron
Baron

Re: Buff/changes suggestion for rufio

Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:25 am

Sounds like some interesting suggestions, I definitely think rufio needs some major work!
Realm: S60
Kingdom: Skarn

Jacqli
Squire
Squire

Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:50 pm

What I am thinking with his ultimate changes was, it allows him to position himself behind archer or squishy unit and clean them while being able to tank enough damage from them. the current Rufio will die almost immediately if he were to jump on a single squad of a silver archer.

hengli
Lilith Games Staff - Admin

Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:25 am

Moved to suggestions sub-forum.
All the heroes were reworked not a long ago so I don't think they plan to make changes to Rufio right now but I will pass your feedback.

Cheerios7204
Baron
Baron

Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:36 am

hengli wrote:
All the heroes were reworked not a long ago so I don't think they plan to make changes to Rufio right now but I will pass your feedback.

Out of the three starting heroes rufio is definitely the worse in the mid and end game. He dies so quick even though he's supposed to be tanky. Honestly the only value he really gives me now is two more units I can play on the board.
Realm: S60
Kingdom: Skarn

hengli

Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:51 am

Cheerios7204 wrote:
hengli wrote:

Out of the three starting heroes rufio is definitely the worse in the mid and end game. He dies so quick even though he's supposed to be tanky. Honestly the only value he really gives me now is two more units I can play on the board.

I understand that. :)

deDarxo
Squire
Squire

Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:06 pm

I would currently always start with Rufio as my starting hero (getting Avalon as second).

As F2P player I'm very gladly take this beefy early-mid game tank so that I don't have to renew my frontline all day. He does an excellent job against bosses because he can reposition with heroic leap.

During the lategame I still find good use for him.
    In The Dungeons with the stone throwing golem I use his heroic leap to aggro the golems attack after my tank absorbed the first bit of damage.
    He very good damage against walls for plundering purposes.

_____

As for "Strong Physique". I don't like how the ability works right now. Every other ability even makes sense to invest 1 spare point in.

But if Rufio dies and I don't want to use him instantly again I don't care at all if I need 60 or 50 minutes until I can use him again.

I would prefer it if the level 1 effect was stronger but the increase with every other level would be lower.

Jacqli
Squire
Squire

Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:22 pm

and I would like to add that the ability range buff(chopping blade, heroic leap, and blade dance) are only added from rank 2 and above, like Avalon ultimate (Add 1 more unit, and then the next upgrade was bronze cap) the first upgrade give his blade bigger range and AoE slash and the next upgrade increase all his active/passive skill extra range