dorianGREY
Knight
Knight

Poor AI Pathing

Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:49 am

HI Lilith,

as I am sure many players are aware right now there is some serious bugs in the AI pathfinding and targeting.

First Issue as is raised in other posts, units such as spiders, heroes, bombadiers and tanks, will spin while targetting a wall. Something that is presumably a stationery target proves very hard for ranged units to target and hit. perhaps it is the fact the wall hit boxes are focal points ranged troops have to target rather than a whole wall like melee or perhaps its in the pathfinding of the ranged units while targeting an object that cannot move (it happens when attacking towers in quests too)

The second Issue is related mainly to bodies of giant units but it causes complete chaos in sieges and open field battles. Dwarf players with mechs can be entirely blocked from attacking a wall by using only bronze spiders to 'choke' the battlefield with their bodies. Players often do this with siege or tanks also. In quests it happens all the time between spiders and hydra bodies or other spider bodies. Either make the bodies passable like every other corpse or fix the pathing of units round these bodies, it is hopeless to lose fights because a dead thing stopped you from winning.

Other pathing issue include horse archers running for the centre of a battlefield and getting choked out by front units pointlessly trying to run through a gap that is barely big enough for one unit and dwarf tanks not knowing if to advance or sit where they are, there seems to be no rhyme or reason to a tank moving.

Targetting issue or maybe more a question - what the heck is ranged targetting on walls because sometimes they shot straight over armies and snipe healers and siege first, other times they shoot endless spiderlings while they are wiped by real troops, so where is the consistency or how can a player work out how to best protect their armies and castles when this happens?

hope to get some responses happening in these forums from lilith, for being new they seem as dead as the servers on your game are getting.
"Corn chips is no place for a mighty warrior"

Also Known as - Kenshin Himura
Rufio 54 - Crown Prince
Dragonroost 62 - Ex-Icarum King, Ex-Neferak King
Swanshire 102 - Athaly - House Dhampir

Hiems
Knight
Knight

Re: Poor AI Pathing

Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:06 am

+1 to everything you said. I also posted about the giant things bug but never got any answer, not from the support since the first servers opened and I first talked about it and not after months now when this forum opened. It's something that should have been fixed before the game being launched or on the beta, but still, they prefer to not even talk about it.

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=13068&p=48480#p48480

Aluminara
Baron
Baron

Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:29 am

I come here thinking it would be about how bad Tech A.I was, oh well.
Cirilla - Realm 61 - Athaly - Order of Chaos
Aluminara - Realm 39 - Neferak - Free Lancing

hengli
Lilith Games Staff - Admin

Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:54 am

I've seen the issues you reported before, will pass the feedback to the team. It's understandable that a giant unit would block units after being destroyed but the AI at the moment do need improvement.

dorianGREY
Knight
Knight

Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:01 am

hengli wrote:
I've seen the issues you reported before, will pass the feedback to the team. It's understandable that a giant unit would block units after being destroyed but the AI at the moment do need improvement.

its more to units being completely jammed on the bodies. Ill get some screenshots and if i work out recording, that also and post them here.

Units like jaques get stuck behind slower units like mechs when they should really path around like a real unit would haha.

The spinning units just should not happen and that i will try to get recorded when it happens (again if i work out recording properly)

thanks for your feedback mate.

Rufio 54 - Crown Prince

hengli

Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:53 am

dorianGREY wrote:
hengli wrote:

its more to units being completely jammed on the bodies. Ill get some screenshots and if i work out recording, that also and post them here.

Units like jaques get stuck behind slower units like mechs when they should really path around like a real unit would haha.

The spinning units just should not happen and that i will try to get recorded when it happens (again if i work out recording properly)

thanks for your feedback mate.

Did you manage to get the screenshots or videos? This will help a lot so I can show to the team exactly what is happening.

dorianGREY
Knight
Knight

Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:48 pm

I am starting to collect videos now and will screen shot spiders facing the wrong way etc. How do I embed videos here?

Rufio 54 - Crown Prince