Brokenhawk
Squire
Squire

Age of Stalemates : Supply caps for garrisons?

Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:55 am

Currently, there is no limit on how many gold troops you can garrison. This is becoming a real problem in late game as high level players and whales are becoming nigh impossible to siege. On our server, there is a whale that has spent an obscene dollar amount to fill his wall with gold troops. Not only is it impossible to take his city, but i only takes 10 minutes for him to move to another city insta-defend-gib any attackers during a siege.

By function of arithmetic, this isn't a skill issue, or even pay to win issue; this is pay for god-mode issue. As players are leveling up, players are dueling less and pumping gold troops into walls without limit such that the late game will end up in stalemates.

Not fun.

So, let's use logic to solve this issue.
If attacking forces have a supply cap for armies, it makes sense to have some kind of supply cap system for garrisons too.

Here are some suggestions:

• Consider some kind of upkeep cost to have troops on the garrison; after all, soldiers on the wall eat as much as soldiers in the field.
  • Consider increasing the supply cap and having it manage both ground/wall troops as a whole -- but give us the ability to remove troops from the the garrison and place into the army by pain of a timer (similar to hospitals).
  • Consider adding a logistics cost for moving a city with large garrisons. If there are a retarded amount of garrison troops, moving that city should take a while to prevent garrison-sniping.
  • Or consider a separate supply cap for garrisons such that it would give attackers a bloody chance.

Please consider these suggestions and act soon as many of us would like to actually play the late game, instead of perpetual turtling.

dorianGREY
Baron
Baron

Re: Age of Stalemates : Supply caps for garrisons?

Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:41 am

This is a complex issue and I would love to hear the devs thoughts on it.
"Corn chips is no place for a mighty warrior"

Also Known as - Kenshin Himura
Rufio 54 - Crown Prince
Dragonroost 62 - Ex-Icarum King, Ex-Neferak King
Swanshire 102 - Skarn - House Ragnarok

Carogna
Squire
Squire

Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:56 am

Great suggestion
Dwarf realm 52

sunbow
Knight
Knight

Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:23 pm

i do not like the idea of caps for the garrison.

the main reason is that attackers can use heroes which buff silver units to be as strong as golden units.

reason2 is that multiple players can attack one wall and they can even do this in parallel.

best regards
sun

Cheerios7204
Baron
Baron

Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:19 am

I do not agree with upkeep costs. They're just annoying, had then in clash of kings and everyone hated them, even normal players.
Realm: S60
Kingdom: Skarn

dorianGREY
Baron
Baron

Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:14 am

what I find hard is as a mid level player if your garrison is wiped by larger whales they can heal in 12 hours and lose 1-2 gold units now but you have 3-5 days of healing with gold and silver troops.

Rufio 54 - Crown Prince

Zinek
Baron
Baron

Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:49 am

dorianGREY wrote:
what I find hard is as a mid level player if your garrison is wiped by larger whales they can heal in 12 hours and lose 1-2 gold units now but you have 3-5 days of healing with gold and silver troops.

That's the way things are though. It's still the most fair overall. That's what the shield is for. Whales will usually leave and munch on someone else unless they are targeting you for other reasons.

On server 100 I sent over 100 players to the capital already and I'm a free to play player. There are ways around things. Just neee a team.

dorianGREY
Baron
Baron

Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:23 pm

Zinek wrote:
dorianGREY wrote:

That's the way things are though. It's still the most fair overall. That's what the shield is for. Whales will usually leave and munch on someone else unless they are targeting you for other reasons.

On server 100 I sent over 100 players to the capital already and I'm a free to play player. There are ways around things. Just neee a team.

yep a good team is crucial, its just a seemingly hard thing to balance without good servers really and we have a lack of those since its become scarce raiding. hopefully the coming map changes will help :)

Rufio 54 - Crown Prince

Sargon
Knight
Knight

Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:07 am

The risk vs reward is definitely not the greatest when you attack into an undamaged high quality garrison. May very well lose you entire army to take a shot at the resources, which probably largely contributes to everybody looking for low power players who are sitting on resources. Then we get to see all of them complain on the forums about being attacked.