m3ll3n
Squire
Squire

Either buff Rufio or let us switch starting heroes

Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:47 pm

Rufio is terrible compared to Avril and especially Avalon. It's frustrating to be at a HUGE disadvantage because of a random decision I made months ago when I first installed the game and knew nothing about it (I picked Avril and got Rufio as 2nd starter).

sunbow
Knight
Knight

Re: Either buff Rufio or let us switch starting heroes

Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:28 pm

Agreed on this one and there are already multiple topics on improving Rufio. Without Avalon Humans are almost not playable in my opinion. It would already be a start to replace the injury time skill with a buff to spearmen or make Rufio a Hero that targets other Heroes.

Best regards
sun

Jacqli
Squire
Squire

Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:24 am

Heroic Leap
Instead of using his hand, change the animation into using a sword.
effect stays the same

Chopping Blade
stay the same

Strong Physique => Resilience
Resilience stay the same

Blade Dance (costs 1 energy)
stay the same

Resilience => Strong Physique
Rufio strong physique allows him to overpower enemy and take more damage from them, deal X more damage to all the enemy units and reduced damage taken by X/2 by all enemy
Example: Level 1: deal 20% more damage to all enemy units and reduces damage taken by 10% by all enemy

Destructive One => Blade of destruction
Rufio imbues his blade with his destructive aura increasing his attack range. Rufio weapon range increase by x, his attack deal AoE damage in front of him and increase heroic leap, chopping blade and blade dance range by x.

here some suggestion that i thought to improve rufio, what your opinion on it?

dorianGREY
Baron
Baron

Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:56 pm

Jacqli wrote:
Heroic Leap
Instead of using his hand, change the animation into using a sword.
effect stays the same

Chopping Blade
stay the same

Strong Physique => Resilience
Resilience stay the same

Blade Dance (costs 1 energy)
stay the same

Resilience => Strong Physique
Rufio strong physique allows him to overpower enemy and take more damage from them, deal X more damage to all the enemy units and reduced damage taken by X/2 by all enemy
Example: Level 1: deal 20% more damage to all enemy units and reduces damage taken by 10% by all enemy

Destructive One => Blade of destruction
Rufio imbues his blade with his destructive aura increasing his attack range. Rufio weapon range increase by x, his attack deal AoE damage in front of him and increase heroic leap, chopping blade and blade dance range by x.

here some suggestion that i thought to improve rufio, what your opinion on it?

nice but that ult might be too strong buffing all skills too.
"Corn chips is no place for a mighty warrior"

Also Known as - Kenshin Himura
Rufio 54 - Crown Prince
Dragonroost 62 - Ex-Icarum King, Ex-Neferak King
Swanshire 102 - Skarn - House Ragnarok

Jacqli
Squire
Squire

Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:04 pm

dorianGREY wrote:
nice but that ult might be too strong buffing all skills too.

it buffs his range so he will be more impactful in fight, other hero buff troop or disable the enemy in large AoE, but Rufio performance is lackluster compared to other DPS and CC hero in the game. not to mention he was a melee hero and need to jump in the middle of the enemy as such being able to disable a bigger area will allow him to at least deal damage before he being killed in the middle of gold troop after he jump in and not stunning a whole squad

dorianGREY
Baron
Baron

Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:14 pm

rufio is already strong for pve, he could use more tank i admit. If you are jumping him into golds with nothing to back him in pvp you are using him wrong. his ability to open up a flank for cav to get through and then jump to stun heroes from casting is quite good if done well, especially early game. He certainly isnt as strong as avalon or virion for human but the support capacity matches that of avril if used correctly.
"Corn chips is no place for a mighty warrior"

Also Known as - Kenshin Himura
Rufio 54 - Crown Prince
Dragonroost 62 - Ex-Icarum King, Ex-Neferak King
Swanshire 102 - Skarn - House Ragnarok

Jacqli
Squire
Squire

Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:03 am

Yeah I mean jumping into enemy troops in general with back up, it will still kill Rufio in a matter of second because with the current stun range it won't affect troop that much and you have way more skill that is more useful that can be used before Rufio leap like blizzard, summon *troop, blessing of sun god, soulless scourge. he needs to have a big impact when using his skill or no one will even use his skill and if the battle drag to the point where you can use Rufio current skill then you pretty much already almost achieve victory.
Having an edge in PvE is not useful at all, in a PvP oriented game with siege and stuff, why you need to use Rufio if you can use Avalon with 3 gold squad to clean PvE faster and easier without casualties? even Avril did a better job when fighting tons of undead squad with her blizzard, and she still provides utility in PvP. Tanking? you can use virion with light safeguard better when fighting above silver V PvE content as a tank than Rufio.
There is no reason you need to use Rufio in any content besides providing 2 slots for a squad and stat buff.