Hoffman72510
Baron
Baron

The entire city capping system needs a revamp

Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:58 am

The current system is just garbage, it's set up in a way that makes or breaks a kingdom based off the first 12-24 hours of a server, it creates animosity between supposed teammates because of same team sniping, oh and any guild worth a poo will have several cities within the first few days all on separate guild chat and god awfully boring. So here are some thoughts, or wishes I think would be better terminology,

1- A guild must have X amount of members to cap a city, although I personally abuse this system I think capping a city with 1-2 people is just...dumb and boring. I would much rather a guild NEED to level up before taking a second city and this would help with the 12-24 hour server rush domination.

2- There should be a tally system that records damage to a city by a guild that gives precedence to capping once the final city has fallen. Once again today while taking a big city we had to destroy a same team snipe attempt which seems to happen way to often, this unfortunately turned a really fun kingdom into a chat slam.

3- Bonus tiles should be earned over time, not given or taken.

4-Duke/prince rewards need to be obtainable in a way that isn't number restricted. All this does is forces anyone unlucky enough to server hop in hopes of getting their own space. Just for the record I am one of the lucky ones who have a duke spot but am unlucky enough to be the one who constantly has to say no to gov seat requests.

I'm sure I'll come up with more, I just really, really, really really really dislike the curren system.

Zinek
Baron
Baron

Re: The entire city capping system needs a revamp

Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:32 am

Why would you not share duke? Super units are not worth it compared to your whole house having +100 or +200 troop supply.
My player guide for The Art of Conquest. If you have any questions feel free to ask them. You can find me here or on this forum or on the offical AoC discord just @Zinek

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=13293

Fawksito
Baron
Baron

Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:38 pm

Hoffman72510 wrote:
The current system is just garbage, it's set up in a way that makes or breaks a kingdom based off the first 12-24 hours of a server, it creates animosity between supposed teammates because of same team sniping, oh and any guild worth a poo will have several cities within the first few days all on separate guild chat and god awfully boring. So here are some thoughts, or wishes I think would be better terminology,

1- A guild must have X amount of members to cap a city, although I personally abuse this system I think capping a city with 1-2 people is just...dumb and boring. I would much rather a guild NEED to level up before taking a second city and this would help with the 12-24 hour server rush domination.

2- There should be a tally system that records damage to a city by a guild that gives precedence to capping once the final city has fallen. Once again today while taking a big city we had to destroy a same team snipe attempt which seems to happen way to often, this unfortunately turned a really fun kingdom into a chat slam.

3- Bonus tiles should be earned over time, not given or taken.

4-Duke/prince rewards need to be obtainable in a way that isn't number restricted. All this does is forces anyone unlucky enough to server hop in hopes of getting their own space. Just for the record I am one of the lucky ones who have a duke spot but am unlucky enough to be the one who constantly has to say no to gov seat requests.

I'm sure I'll come up with more, I just really, really, really really really dislike the curren system.

1) The more members you have the faster you will cap a city, and also it will make it easy to defend, atm i think this works perfectly.
2) The current format dont let this happen, is not about who clears the walls, is about who can defend the city, if your guild is stronger it will end up taking the city, i dont like when some random players just take the city and then stall the game cuse all the kingdom need to defend it cuse the guild that got it cant hold it.
3) This will break the game, your leader and ministers should give the title to those who deserve it.
4) This is not really a good thing, thats why youre a prince/duke, if everyone have the title it would suck.
BOOM

Hiems
Baron
Baron

Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:10 pm

Fawksito wrote:
3) This will break the game, your leader and ministers should give the title to those who deserve it.

You should argue for that.

Fawksito wrote:
4) This is not really a good thing, thats why youre a prince/duke, if everyone have the title it would suck.

You should argue for that. /2

I don't know if I agree with the suggestion but it's facto that the capture system is completely garbage. I think slowing down the early rush with only houses lvl 2 being able to capture the first city is a good idea, but I can't really see anything changing on the actual system

Fawksito
Baron
Baron

Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:08 pm

Hiems wrote:
Fawksito wrote:

Fawksito wrote:

I don't know if I agree with the suggestion but it's facto that the capture system is completely garbage. I think slowing down the early rush with only houses lvl 2 being able to capture the first city is a good idea, but I can't really see anything changing on the actual system

Another thing to consider is that a) the game is pretty new b) is one of the best games cuse it keeps giving us new things to do c) the only real problem is the late game struggle for resources, is far more favorable to atack lowies than atack a wall full of golds, in that case, it would be awesome if you can give us a system that make us want to fight, like a special realm that have to capture 5 citys and the 'realm' that have it for more time would earn resources. Also would be awesome to have like a bounty for those on the top, so we want to atack em or activating the 'guild' ability to get in WAR so the whole guild have bountys if they atack the targets, make us play more!
BOOM

Hiems
Baron
Baron

Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:00 pm

Fawksito wrote:
Hiems wrote:
Fawksito wrote:

Fawksito wrote:

Another thing to consider is that a) the game is pretty new b) is one of the best games cuse it keeps giving us new things to do c) the only real problem is the late game struggle for resources, is far more favorable to atack lowies than atack a wall full of golds, in that case, it would be awesome if you can give us a system that make us want to fight, like a special realm that have to capture 5 citys and the 'realm' that have it for more time would earn resources. Also would be awesome to have like a bounty for those on the top, so we want to atack em or activating the 'guild' ability to get in WAR so the whole guild have bountys if they atack the targets, make us play more!

I agree with you, and this is one of the reasons I think the OP is right. You don't want a early game rush so fast with people capturing all cities on the first day because now with the new academy we can have gold archers/snipers/blasters/spiders/whatever even before people started planning any massive raid. For the note, on 101 we rushed very hard, pushed Neferak, Dunwulf, Hyral and even gave some cities to other kingdoms because of how strong our Athaly is. Now people can do nothing to try capture cities even on the early game because of gold units. For example, they managed to drop some castles on our border and I just had to move and send 1 pack of gold archers to my wall and watch their reaction getting wiped with me defending the low wall people that survived.

The game is even more static now, the rush on the early game isn't healthy for the game and snipes/kingdoms dying so fast is just a consequence of those things I said above. If you slow it down, at least people have a reason to try, they still have a chance on trying neutral cities. There's no counterplay and no comeback after this phase is gone unless obviously you're way ahead (before we had even on the mid game, not anymore).

Not to mention that a thing called Jacques still buffed af and still breaking the early captures.

Hoffman72510
Baron
Baron

Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:11 pm

Hiems they will never nerf my Jacques so back up off him!

I'm also mind blown by the logic of Fawks. For starters we do share the governor seat, usually a designated city after 3 or more have been captured, but this game is filled with people of not only varying regions but also of age, and because of the role/tile/title limitations this is the WHY behind everyone flooding each and every new server. The top 10% of any decent guild will always occupy the big boy seats so why would the remaining 90% stick around, especially with how slow taking new cities can be after the initial rush?

Secondly, and the whole reason my mind was blown by your logic, is your comment about it not being who can clear the walls but who can defend it. The whole reason behind my complaint is not only because of the same kingdom fractures this causes but also the giant bullseye that is painted on you and yours while you are forced to waste time, stamina and units killing your own teammates! There is absolutely no reason why this should be allowed in the game! The problem is you can't remove same team dueling because that's the ONLY way to stop same team sniping, and let's face it people are selfish by nature so this will ALWAYS be a problem. It's not about who brings down the walls are you kidding me? So a guild spends their time, resources and units to take a city but then some jerk offs come along completely fresh and have a quicker finger than you leaving you with 2 options, fight your own team and risk the real enemy simply walking up and taking all your hard work or just walk away upset that all that hard work you did and precious stamina pots you used were all wasted.

Now as for tiles and titles, I'm not saying everyone should simply just get them, but there should be a way of earning them other than someone giving it to you, as I am sure 90% of the player base who aren't fortunate enough to have titles/tiles would agree. There needs to be a fix to server depopulation other than merging or server wars.

Unruly
Squire
Squire

Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:34 pm

Hoffman72510 wrote:
There needs to be a fix to server depopulation other than merging or server wars.

I like this.

But yeah I think I agree with OP and some others here about slowing down the rush and making other small scale changes to reserve the user base and stop them from leaving to a new server mid-game.

Fawksito
Baron
Baron

Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:57 pm

Hoffman72510 wrote:
Hiems they will never nerf my Jacques so back up off him!

I'm also mind blown by the logic of Fawks. For starters we do share the governor seat, usually a designated city after 3 or more have been captured, but this game is filled with people of not only varying regions but also of age, and because of the role/tile/title limitations this is the WHY behind everyone flooding each and every new server. The top 10% of any decent guild will always occupy the big boy seats so why would the remaining 90% stick around, especially with how slow taking new cities can be after the initial rush?

Secondly, and the whole reason my mind was blown by your logic, is your comment about it not being who can clear the walls but who can defend it. The whole reason behind my complaint is not only because of the same kingdom fractures this causes but also the giant bullseye that is painted on you and yours while you are forced to waste time, stamina and units killing your own teammates! There is absolutely no reason why this should be allowed in the game! The problem is you can't remove same team dueling because that's the ONLY way to stop same team sniping, and let's face it people are selfish by nature so this will ALWAYS be a problem. It's not about who brings down the walls are you kidding me? So a guild spends their time, resources and units to take a city but then some jerk offs come along completely fresh and have a quicker finger than you leaving you with 2 options, fight your own team and risk the real enemy simply walking up and taking all your hard work or just walk away upset that all that hard work you did and precious stamina pots you used were all wasted.

Now as for tiles and titles, I'm not saying everyone should simply just get them, but there should be a way of earning them other than someone giving it to you, as I am sure 90% of the player base who aren't fortunate enough to have titles/tiles would agree. There needs to be a fix to server depopulation other than merging or server wars.

1) Sorry you think that way, but thats why they are called 'titles'.
2) Why would you want to capture a city if you cant defend it, im sorry mate, but if you cant fend the city you better join a guild and try to become stronger with a team instead of leading something that you cant defend.
3) Merges will help a lot, you just cant see it. For those on castle 29-30+ boredoom is at the sight , you cant atack other than lowies cuse there is not enough rrss to justify a atack on a wall full of golds. We need this to keep the fun up because right now we runned out of gas, on the other hand those servers who are smart enough to wait on the merge are joining forces, like ours. People goes like 'omg whats the fun on having all one color' (realm 44 athaly) well we get 300 mith 300 diamond 300 crystal every day + w/e resources we can get (gold wood elixir) from the carts, we also have almost ilimited quests, so we farm tons of pots. We are growing far ahead than those servers that still atack each other for 300 wood per atack
BOOM

Hiems
Baron
Baron

Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:07 am

Fawksito wrote:
3) Merges will help a lot, you just cant see it. For those on castle 29-30+ boredoom is at the sight , you cant atack other than lowies cuse there is not enough rrss to justify a atack on a wall full of golds. We need this to keep the fun up because right now we runned out of gas, on the other hand those servers who are smart enough to wait on the merge are joining forces, like ours. People goes like 'omg whats the fun on having all one color' (realm 44 athaly) well we get 300 mith 300 diamond 300 crystal every day + w/e resources we can get (gold wood elixir) from the carts, we also have almost ilimited quests, so we farm tons of pots. We are growing far ahead than those servers that still atack each other for 300 wood per atack

Then repeat the process every 2 weeks? How's that a solution rather than a band-aid? How it would fix people being afraid of attacking gold walls and the scarcity of rss? You're playing Farmville now waiting for a merge and you will need to do the same and wait for the next merge, rinse and repeat.