Zinek
Baron
Baron

Re: Fix summon skills

Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:05 pm

Hisoka wrote:
Zinek wrote:
Dazed wrote:
1+ dorianGREY. If u summon 1st against 200% summon damage then u just lost due to the morale swing. Noobs opening up pvp with a summon is just asking to get crushed. As the gear set is somewat expensive this might not be widespread atm but more will work out the auto victory associated with this tactic.

Just use the legendary trinket with tiadrin. Gg dead summons.

Assuming you get her that is lol, what if its a player that only buys one or no heroes, theyre screwed basically lmao
Lvl 6 avrils skills still cant compete with tier 9/10 summon archer skill as the nova can only reach 2-3/5 of the summoned units and blizzards casting speed is super slow and by that time chances are all your gold backline is done for or your heroes depending on spawn point.
Other than tiadrin and avril i dont see any chance whatsoever to counter insane healtimes by bronze + summon/jaq players

Just need more magic. And using rapid cast and the set bonus avril can cast twice almost instantly. If you are fighting TX you should be above 50 magic easily. I know with the new crafting items just being thrown at us makes it harder to build a character as you play so new servers will have an advantage in this especially with the void giving free stat cards.

If avril doesn't work for you then try using Gan. His twisting vines spell will stun the summons in their tracks. Just casting the spell is tricky while in a duel so good luck!
My player guide for The Art of Conquest. If you have any questions feel free to ask them. You can find me here or on this forum or on the offical AoC discord just @Zinek

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=13293

FBSM
Squire
Squire

Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:38 am

Hisoka wrote:
ddelucca wrote:
I stopped using gold units in duels because of this. Currently they are just a liability that will greatly increase injure times (Castle level 19) as people will just summon units on top of them.

This
If you power your summons up enough and have high lvl heroes, and certain gears to boost their summons like increased morale, longer summons and such, summons are gamebreaking and fights can be won with bronze as the heal time isnt worth risking silvers anymore at that point, bring gold mages, archers, or any backline they instant die to summon swords or horses pretty much, and summon archers can legit just outrange everything and counters pretty much anything(not the best on lich but hey 5 arch sets silver can kill multiple spiders if good placement and if it kills heroes morale boost and drugged up summon dmg

+1
You can have multiple counters in your mind, but bronze + summon is downright op. Low risk, high reward. I don't care if I lose, they are just bronze. I don't even want to queue them in hospital. Just sell them and make new ones. Even better when you lose but able to take down 1 golden troop. It takes much longer for golden troop to heal than heroes to heal from injury.

Hisoka
Baron
Baron

Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:02 am

FBSM wrote:
Hisoka wrote:
ddelucca wrote:
I stopped using gold units in duels because of this. Currently they are just a liability that will greatly increase injure times (Castle level 19) as people will just summon units on top of them.

This
If you power your summons up enough and have high lvl heroes, and certain gears to boost their summons like increased morale, longer summons and such, summons are gamebreaking and fights can be won with bronze as the heal time isnt worth risking silvers anymore at that point, bring gold mages, archers, or any backline they instant die to summon swords or horses pretty much, and summon archers can legit just outrange everything and counters pretty much anything(not the best on lich but hey 5 arch sets silver can kill multiple spiders if good placement and if it kills heroes morale boost and drugged up summon dmg

+1
You can have multiple counters in your mind, but bronze + summon is downright op. Low risk, high reward. I don't care if I lose, they are just bronze. I don't even want to queue them in hospital. Just sell them and make new ones. Even better when you lose but able to take down 1 golden troop. It takes much longer for golden troop to heal than heroes to heal from injury.

Lmao ^ whats to say you dont do this 3-4 times in a day and give a guy days of recov time while you just remake bronze and repeat
Its just an incentive to make people play the game less

FBSM
Squire
Squire

Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:13 am

Hisoka wrote:
FBSM wrote:
Hisoka wrote:
This

+1

Lmao ^ whats to say you dont do this 3-4 times in a day and give a guy days of recov time while you just remake bronze and repeat
Its just an incentive to make people play the game less

OR... you let other people do this to you and you will be the one that play less. The choice is yours.

Zinek
Baron
Baron

Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:27 pm

Fear not summons were nerfed
My player guide for The Art of Conquest. If you have any questions feel free to ask them. You can find me here or on this forum or on the offical AoC discord just @Zinek

Saul0081
Squire
Squire

Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:52 pm

Zinek, I don't disagree that summons need some rework, but I feel Jaques is the biggest imbalance in the game right now. People have no problem dueling you on home turf, throwing out a couple of bronze troops, and injuring your gold troops. Imo, he is the worst thing that has happened to AoC. I know everyone, loves him, and with good reason, he is completely overpowered. I feel like reworking summons, without doing Jaques also, just makes him that much better.

Zinek
Baron
Baron

Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:41 pm

Saul0081 wrote:
Zinek, I don't disagree that summons need some rework, but I feel Jaques is the biggest imbalance in the game right now. People have no problem dueling you on home turf, throwing out a couple of bronze troops, and injuring your gold troops. Imo, he is the worst thing that has happened to AoC. I know everyone, loves him, and with good reason, he is completely overpowered. I feel like reworking summons, without doing Jaques also, just makes him that much better.

Oh I agree 1000000% there's nothing I hate more than jacques. Honestly I never had problems with summons but I know others did.

Summons are a much easier fix for the dev team so they did it as people asked for it. Jacques requires a complete redesign which takes weeks to months as it's not just one skill like it was with Cleo or gazul it's jacques as a whole. His skills need to be all changed his energy cost attack damage and health all needs re balancing. This takes time and they are also working on future content for everyone so they don't have an active team of 6 people working on just jacques for three weeks straight otherwise it would be done by now.

Saul0081
Squire
Squire

Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:31 pm

That's true. I just worry too, about the effect that the summon changes will have on other parts of the game. It may help pvp, but it will make tactics harder for sure. Even quests as they get harder. I really have a love/hate relationship with this game right now. Lol It is probably the best app game of it's kind, but some of the issues take away from the game. It could be a 5 star game, but in it's current state, it's not there. Migration needs to go, or have major changes, I think merging realms was a mistake too, there are just too many complications with that. Having an end game to the server, would have been a much better idea. I guess my point, I hope the summons rework, and other things in the new update, don't have a negative effect too.

Shu
Baron
Baron

Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:37 pm

It seems like they did fix it.