Zinek
Baron
Baron

Bane, Thanes and the academy

Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:51 pm

Current Bane can allow humans to make an extra unit type. The thane (Viking tree).

These units are super cool but suck due to not having academy upgrades. I suggest removing this skill as it is useless.

Or better yet have the Thames gain upgrades based off your swordsmen upgrades since they are built from the same building.

If this is not possible due to coding. Then how about adding a new branch to the academy for Thames once you have the skill at level 4 or something I dunno.
My player guide for The Art of Conquest. If you have any questions feel free to ask them. You can find me here or on this forum or on the offical AoC discord just @Zinek

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=13293

dorianGREY
Baron
Baron

Re: Bane, Thanes and the academy

Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:54 pm

Getting bane should just allow the academy tree for them. The cost of upgrading another tree is balance enough for it and it would then allow the recruitment of gold thanes (vikings?) which are currently unavailable.
"Corn chips is no place for a mighty warrior"

Also Known as - Kenshin Himura
Rufio 54 - Crown Prince
Dragonroost 62 - Ex-Icarum King, Ex-Neferak King
Swanshire 102 - Skarn - House Ragnarok

Shu
Viscount
Viscount

Re: Bane, Thanes and the academy

Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:23 am

dorianGREY wrote:
Getting bane should just allow the academy tree for them. The cost of upgrading another tree is balance enough for it and it would then allow the recruitment of gold thanes (vikings?) which are currently unavailable.

Unlocking an upgrade tree when you buy a hero seems unbalanced enough. The cost will not compensate for the balance you were talking about.