Black
Knight
Knight

[SUGGESTION] Item cooldowns

Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:10 am

So this crafting items system is a very nice feature. One of the things that pulls it down a bit is the cooldown timer on items. When you need to craft items that require a hero to have something like 65 Magic and 35 command. You obviously need to switch aroubd some of your best pieces to this hero to reach those stats, but if you are already using the item on another hero there is 24h waiting time, now lets say we do this. Afterwards most people wanna get this item back to the original hero so again add another 24h waiting time. That is a total of 48h circle just to reach the stats and get it back to your heroes.

So my question is first of all, why is there even a cooldown on items? I dont see any reason to have it in the game. Would it be too terrible to allow players to "easily" craft their desired items? Players are limited by their crafting materials anyways, and it is kind of a snowball effect looking at the stat requirement perspective, you start crafting better and better and get more and more stats. But as it is right now everyone will eventually be limited by their crafting resource.

Shu
Baron
Baron

Re: [SUGGESTION] Item cooldowns

Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:14 am

There's no point for item cooldown IMO. I think they should just remove it, now that they made a crafting system for the game.

Dazed
Knight
Knight

Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:11 pm

the 24hour cooldown i can deal with juggle for the big crafting day etc, but if u have been using an item on a hero for a very long period then the cooldown is WEEKS literally .. lmao, i ran across this the other day doing this exact process. I can 1+ for cooldown removal or atleast giving a more reasonable max cooldown etc.

ddelucca
Knight
Knight

Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:41 pm

This is the only game I have ever seen that uses a 24h+ cooldown to just change equipment between heroes. You work for the gear you should be able to freely equip it to whoever you want and change it around.

sunbow
Knight
Knight

Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:38 pm

+1

the cooldown is just annoying. if you get 24h to shift gear for crafting, then you get another 24h for shifting it back. two days where you can not fight at full strength...

Zinek
Baron
Baron

Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:06 pm

Especially with the crafting requirements of items. I have to have doubles of items for my crafter. It's really lame.
My player guide for The Art of Conquest. If you have any questions feel free to ask them. You can find me here or on this forum or on the offical AoC discord just @Zinek

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=13293

Trelos1337
Squire
Squire

Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:26 pm

I was literally coming here to make this exact post... there is no reason at all to have equip timers. If you absolutely insist on keeping the timers then please give us a way to remove the timer completely, like an item that drops in the void or something, or be able to pay 10 Lenari to remove the timer. Some of my equipment have a 400 hour timer... like I am just never equipping that again.

Jesus how to we upvote this into infinity...

Rajjeq
Squire
Squire

Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:35 am

Item cooldowns are just utter idiocy with no purpose. Remove!

Grailyn
Squire
Squire

Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:30 pm

Just tried to move a weapon to a new hero and the timer is 122 hours.... Really?!? What is the point of that.

Shu
Baron
Baron

Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:44 pm

Grailyn wrote:
Just tried to move a weapon to a new hero and the timer is 122 hours.... Really?!? What is the point of that.

Are you serious? The max I saw was 24H I think it depends on how long you've been wearing the item. You need to show a screenshot for that.