Nikkijane
Squire
Squire

Tiadrins purge the land nerf or remove

Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:00 pm

Since we are on to changing heros, Tiadrins Purge the land needs to be removed or severely nerfed its unfair when you spend so much time and maybe linari building a strong garrison just for some people to keep using purge the land on your castle and slowly bring down you wall eventually sending you to the capital. When half the point of the game is building a strong garrison and wall there shouldn't be a way to bring it down without fighting it.
Either:
1) Get rid of it altogether is shouldn't exist anyways its stupid, unfair and ruins half the point of the game.
2) give notifications of who's done it, with a revenge button just like them hitting your base.
3) Nerf it make it impossible to bring down someone's wall completely with a few people with them, either by:
-changing the damage percentage to a set damage amount
-increase the cool down time
-make a point where the skill cant be used on that wall anymore, for example once a wall is below 50% wall HP then its unusable on that wall till it heals a little bit
4) Bring the Gan wall heal skill back if there is a skill to target a lich wall there should be a way to counter it

PrinceCharming
Baron
Baron

Re: Tiadrins purge the land nerf or remove

Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:17 pm

There should be just some maximum damage cap, for example 80% of the wall HP, and then you have to go for garrison to finish it :)
Server 94
Void - 120, Abyss 495
House: Icarum, Gods of War

sippingcider
Knight
Knight

Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:50 pm

As my understanding of the skill goes, shouldn't it already cap itself?

Lets say your target garrison is at 100% and purge the lands is doing 10% damage (about lvl 8 in the skill) each time. You use purge the land once.
100% - (10% of 100% = 10%) = 90% garrison health.
Then if you use it again
90% - (10% of 90% = 9%) = 81% garrison health.
And again
81% - (10% of 81% = 8.1%) = 72.9% garrison health.
And again
72.9% - (10% of 72.9% = 7.29%) = 65.69% garrison health.

As you can see the damage is diminishing and will actually never be able to fully destroy a garrison, no matter how many times you use it. Once you damage becomes small enough the attacker stop making headway considering by the time the ability has refreshed the garrison has healed the damage already. I am not exactly sure how quickly garrisons heal themselves over time but as long as a Garrison can heal itself 2% every 10 hours one player using purge the lands could not really reduce a stronghold below 20% health.

Nikkijane
Squire
Squire

Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:18 pm

sippingcider wrote:
As my understanding of the skill goes, shouldn't it already cap itself?

Lets say your target garrison is at 100% and purge the lands is doing 10% damage (about lvl 8 in the skill) each time. You use purge the land once.
100% - (10% of 100% = 10%) = 90% garrison health.
Then if you use it again
90% - (10% of 90% = 9%) = 81% garrison health.
And again
81% - (10% of 81% = 8.1%) = 72.9% garrison health.
And again
72.9% - (10% of 72.9% = 7.29%) = 65.69% garrison health.

As you can see the damage is diminishing and will actually never be able to fully destroy a garrison, no matter how many times you use it. Once you damage becomes small enough the attacker stop making headway considering by the time the ability has refreshed the garrison has healed the damage already. I am not exactly sure how quickly garrisons heal themselves over time but as long as a Garrison can heal itself 2% every 10 hours one player using purge the lands could not really reduce a stronghold below 20% health.

It doesn't work that way when there is 3 or more doing it, essentially they can get it down to 1 HP and it takes nothing to drop it

Zinek
Baron
Baron

Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:17 am

Yea the idea is drop it to one and use blizzard on the wall or another ranger ability like shooting star firestorm etc
My player guide for The Art of Conquest. If you have any questions feel free to ask them. You can find me here or on this forum or on the offical AoC discord just @Zinek

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=13293

GloriaAndrew
Squire
Squire

Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:07 pm

I think reaching target it won’t be that much easy but still one can try for it by following different resumespice strategies. Surely it would be challenge and who will win this our site will sponsor a trip for him. So try to win the challenge, time starts now.