sunbow
Baron
Baron

Re: Suggestion - Allow Me to Choose How Many Units to Put in Garrison

Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:20 pm

the garrison build definitely makes sense for lich players building spiders or even worse rakans buiding turtles. to enhance the idea a bit: as soon as you do build a garrison unit, this one should show up on the wall (like injured units, just with a flag "queued" or "building", to prevent over-capping the wall.

the plundering is a different issue, mostly since the queues for units and buildings / research are different. units consume all queued res at once, while buildings / research only consumes the res for the current project. this should get unified.

Rajjeq
Knight
Knight

Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:52 pm

It's really the same issue. in order to have enough cap to build, you need to put units on the wall, making your army weaker until they rebuild. Plus, as an example, if a person was king and built units and is no longer king or bought units from the store when they were allowed to overcap, those people cannot build gold at all unless they want to weaken their army permanently. So it's a balancing factor to not allow build direct to wall, which also causes resource buildup due to inability to build.

xyz
Squire
Squire

Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:24 am

+1
all ideas are great!
have had all this issues before!
(got a 24 pack gold in a chest once very early in the game before being able to build up the garrison)