pzapumpin
Knight
Knight

Siege Research

Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:19 am

Siege research is really bad, it feels bad putting points into most upgrades. I don't think there is a reason to make the upgrades this useless.
Level 7 20/20 - 20% production time, 20% atk/hp on terrain or 30% atk/hp loan Rakan
-Production time is really horrible upgrade, there is actually noting worse that you can get. Why is this even a thing. This could have easily been hp+.

Level 3/11 - Siege Plating 10%/20% range damage reduction. Why not at least make this all damage reduction, why just ranged, and does this include magic? This is far too weak of a bonus considering the level 11 takes 1000 hours and 4.8 million resources to finish.

Level 12 - Honor Bombardment 30% more honor for attacking walls. This is really really bad, again a huge investment and you get nothing in the end. If you want to keep honor at least make it 300% or something that would give incentive for people to research siege. Make siege have 2 per pack, make them get injured or get 60% resources back on death, or give them 150% more damage to normal, 100% to large, and 50% to massive units. 30% honor is far too little and irrelevant to invest so much into.

Destination

Re: Siege Research

Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:45 am

Only thing siege needs is dmg research, everything else is pretty much useless.

Dazed
Baron
Baron

Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:01 pm

I wasnt aware that jacqs and bronze use siege upgrades ? ... lol
Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like no one is watching.

pzapumpin
Knight
Knight

Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:19 pm

I still think if you are going to offer a research tree you should make it worth the research. There is very little incentive to build siege at the moment, and even less incentive to upgrade it. I think this can be fixed by tweaking the research branch. Maybe let the t12 upgrade make siege able to loot.

Destination

Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:51 am

pzapumpin wrote:
I still think if you are going to offer a research tree you should make it worth the research. There is very little incentive to build siege at the moment, and even less incentive to upgrade it. I think this can be fixed by tweaking the research branch. Maybe let the t12 upgrade make siege able to loot.

I think siege research might need some changes, but making siege able to loot is not helping at all and it doesnt actually make any logical sense.

pzapumpin
Knight
Knight

Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:56 pm

I'm just saying that both the lvl11 and lvl12 upgrades are pretty bad. In this game state siege is pretty lackluster as well. T13 troops do a lot of damage to walls. Buffing siege could just mean doubling wall hp or reducing troop damage to walls. At bare minimum I think the "Honor Bombardment" needs a change, it is a joke.

Chillblaze
Baron
Baron

Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:23 am

+1 Defending troops often skip frontlines and shoot down siege (since recent patches) so all the hp upgrades are useless. That last upgrade would be somehow useful if realms werent empty untill then.
It would be nice to use then in pvp/void to compensate for such high capacity requirement.