pokerguy911
Squire
Squire

unbalanced civilization

Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:49 pm

please balance civilizations. literally everyone in my kingdom is arabia or germany. makes it very boring. improve archer damage and defense and make them useful too.

L0RDVADER
Knight
Knight

Re: unbalanced civilization

Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:02 am

I have been playing RoK for a few months now and it seems very balanced to me. You will need to learn how to strategies with your alliance to defeat the enemy. Talents, leaders, holy sites, and buffs play a factor in battles.

pokerguy911
Squire
Squire

Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:34 pm

You should read the benefits of each civ before saying they’re balanced. There is a reason why all top 100 players in each server and all high players are arabia, ottoman, Germany, or Rome.

L0RDVADER
Knight
Knight

Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:44 am

pokerguy911 wrote:
You should read the benefits of each civ before saying they’re balanced. There is a reason why all top 100 players in each server and all high players are arabia, ottoman, Germany, or Rome.

Each civilization has its own benefit that others do not have. I would suggest you choose a civilization that supports farming and boosting and switching it later when you are ready to fight in wars. You could also always switch back.

HerrWahnsinn
Knight
Knight

Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:18 pm

There are many players that choose a civ based solely on 'most strongest in war!!!' because you don't bring pruning shears to a gunfight, now do you? And yes, there's a good deal of common sense in there. And then there's the FOTM meta thing. If a lot of people have civ X, then it must be good, or they wouldn't have it.

But there are more rational considerations as well: what is your main activity in the game and which civ would support that best? what is the bottleneck you run into most in the game and which civ would reduce that best? And last but not least: synergy. One civ may have one property that's superb for you, but the others are meh, that's a no synergy civ. If all properties of a civ work well for you, in particular when combine them, then you have synergy. 1 + 1 > 2, that idea.

So for me, I started out with Germany. I started out mainly F2P, and I found myself running out of AP a lot. Also I wanted to build a bigger army faster. Germany really was a no brainer for me. It wasn't until I started reading guides and all that I found out I wasn't the only one that thought that way. But once I had enough forces to field full armies, Germany stopped being the best civ for me.

Right now, I've picked a civ that helps me in my role as rally leader - I like to lead rallies on barb forts, and helps me compete in 'strategic reserves' event because I'm a nut for Cleopatra sculpture (don't ask me why) and the supply chest loot (which is sweet), and bolsters the one army type I have most unit of: cavalry. The synergy is huge here -for me- and I foresee my civ will be Arabia for a long time.

It's a personal choice, so pick what works best for -you-.
0----{==========> Misfit Ass Kickers United [MF89], kingdom 1093 <==========}----0

pokerguy911
Squire
Squire

Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:51 pm

Lol my point exactly, u went arabia like everybody else who is ch 25.

HerrWahnsinn
Knight
Knight

Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:30 pm

pokerguy911 wrote:
Lol my point exactly, u went arabia like everybody else who is ch 25.

No. I was one of the first players in my kingdom that went Arabia. Everyone else was still figuring out, waiting to see what others did, etc. I went Arabia because I looked at all the civs and that one had far out the best fit and synergy with my ingame activities. And since then I've seen others follow suit, but also revert back again too.

When you pick a civ based on what others chose, you have to be really sure they are planning the exact same activities as you are, and have the exact same priorities/bottlenecks as you. And that is very rarely the case.

But by all means follow the herd. It makes life easier for the wolves.
0----{==========> Misfit Ass Kickers United [MF89], kingdom 1093 <==========}----0