jackielove
Squire
Squire

Re: Stop money scamming events - Gem refund please

Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:55 am

I agree , spent around 35 euro. You need to think about your target clients for this game. If you keep doing this you will lose on your clients. I find this a reckless move. I would like to have a refund as well.

Gadomapo
Squire
Squire

Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:20 am

I spent 7k ruby ​​and collected 12k ruby ​​when the event ended. :lol:

HerrWahnsinn
Knight
Knight

Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:44 am

So.. my evaluation of the Oh Tannenbaum event.

I saw the rewards, and made the purchase of 7.000 gems for the extra rewards. Because MAN those were GOOD rewards allright! And lo and behold I started farming barbarians like mad and ornaments started flying in! Didn't take long to get to lvl 15ish. Stuff felt really good. I enjoyed it and was looking forward to the best stuff that was yet to come.

And then I reached lvl 20. Thudd.... Ornament drops suddenly went down. What set off as an enjoyable event grind turned into a marathon grind.

Very, very nasty, adjusting the droprate without prior notification. Oh I made it to lvl 25, a day before the event ended even. But the amount of grinding I had to go through for that was beyond enjoyable. I was lucky enough to have gathered a considerable pool of action potions, and of course I used Lohar so every barb costed me only 30 AP. And still I paid a lot of gems in the end to get the AP needed to finish the grind. And I grinded hard. I slayed so many barbarian I'd not have been surprised if the barbarian king came to me in my dreams to beg me to stop. I was not happy when I was done, I was relieved. I did feel some sense of accomplishment when I was done, but mostly I felt tired and cheated. Glad it was over with.

This was sort of a bait and switch. Bad form. I think you do owe your players some sort of an apology, and that's the least you could do.

I am not the kind of person to complain for the sake of whining. Behind my complaint is a desire, because I wanted something different than what I got. Here's how Lilith Games can improve the experience for me for an event like this the next time:

1. Be open and honest about droprates. if you -have- to lower them nearing the finish (but I much prefer you don't!), tell us that before the event starts. Don't leave us behind feeling cheated. Don't bait and switch.

2. Don't lower the droprates the further you get. Diminishing returns diminish enjoyment as well. All of us already know we enter a grind when we start such an event as players, no need to drag it out and rub it in.

3. If you have us spend 7.000 gems for extra stuff, toss in a, say, 25% increased droprate of ornaments while you're at it?

Final words: Feeling baited and switched is a serious matter which I don't treat lightly. I have already consumed the event rewards and so I will not be filing for a refund. However I have for now stopped spending money on this game. Lilith Games will need to show taking this matter seriously and need to regain my trust, before I resume spending money again.
0----{==========> Misfit Ass Kickers United [MF89], kingdom 1093 <==========}----0

ReiNato
Squire
Squire

Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:21 pm

I share one hundred percent of HerrWahnsinn's words and feelings, as do many other people.
But I would like to add: the same mistake has been made in this new year's event, once again. Fireworks drop rate has dropped vertiginously. I haven't figured what is this weird algorithm they implemented that keeps oscilating the drop rate of these items based on whatever condition, but it is crap!

Tzeng
Squire
Squire

Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:05 am

I totally agree. This game company is a shit and just want money from people.

HerrWahnsinn
Knight
Knight

Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:45 am

@Ohnelimit anything you can do (or have already done) regarding this issue?
0----{==========> Misfit Ass Kickers United [MF89], kingdom 1093 <==========}----0

HerrWahnsinn
Knight
Knight

Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:28 pm

Well? I've given this a few days but it seems like nothing is being done with this?

I will stick to my choice as well then, and my temporary spending of money on this game will continue. As an alliance leader, this is a noticeable signal to approximately 70 players. They know my motivation. If anyone asks me whether it's a good idea to spend money on this game, they will hear this story.

It's strange. When the server as much as sneezes, Lilith Games pro-actively sends apologies and even compensation to everyone, without us having needed to ask for this. And when a rather serious question regarding ethics like this comes up, crickets ......

RyU7289
Squire
Squire

Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:31 am

I completed the event.. barbs are the only thing that is hard. You gotta think smart and use troops wisely to save action points as much as possible to complete 400 barbs..

Buwitre888
Squire
Squire

Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:52 am

I was able to finish the event. I only spent gems when I was nearing the end.

When the ornaments started becoming scarce after level 20, I still got a steady flow from gathering. I start decorating every 10-15 ornaments collected and the crit bonuses proved very useful to finish the remaining levels.

HerrWahnsinn
Knight
Knight

Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:08 pm

I was able to finish the event as well, a day early even. That is not the point.

Also the rewards for the event were awesome. That is not the point.

The point is that we were not told from the start that the ornaments would become very noticeably scarce after lvl 20. -That- is the point.

This leads to unneeded frustration and several undesirable results: some players were actually -not- able to finish the event because they -did- run out of time, while their initial progress had made them believe they could make it. Some players purchased the 7.000 gem extra rewards somewhere midway, based on their speed of progression thus far, only to find out the needed effort turned out to be far greater, leaving them feeling frustrated and feeling they've been subjected to "bait and switch". Some got to lvl 20, noticed the drop, and just gave up. Either way this sapped quite some joy out of what should have been an enjoyable holiday event for quite some players.

When you start participating in an event like this, you see what's needed and you prepare for a marathon grind, you plan how you're going to do it, you monitor your progress, and you grind it. But it's unfair to organize a marathon, have the runners run for 35 kilometres, and then all of a sudden, when all the runners think "only 5 km to go", sneakily add 10 km extra to the track?