HerrWahnsinn
Knight
Knight

Automated anticheat and antispam

Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:24 pm

Seems like RoC is going to receive an optimization of it's automated anticheat and antispam:

This is a leap forward in the ever ongoing arms war versus cheaters. May their bans be indefinite and painful!

But it also implies a sort of warning to all of us fair players: do not engage in behaviour which an anticheat/antispam bot could mistake for being cheating, and do not spam. What behaviour exactly could get us in trouble is hard to tell at this point. It totally depends on how the system has been programmed. But "false positives" (normal player behaviour being interpreted as cheating) are unfortunately no rare occurrence with systems like these. And becoming collateral damage as a false autoban victim is a pain: if this happens to you, your only hope is contacting customer services, someway, somehow.

Let's hope Lilith did a good job making a system that catches 100% of the cheaters without any false positives. Given how this system has been in place since November last year, things do look good for now!
0----{==========> Asskickers United [AkU], kingdom 1089 <==========}----0

tikki
Squire
Squire

Re: Automated anticheat and antispam

Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:36 pm

Nothing is written about multiacc players. And this is the same problem for honest players.

Patchou09
Squire
Squire

Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:55 pm

Well have been banned while I play fairly... Hope dev will do something. ☺️

muaddib85
Squire
Squire

Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:43 pm

Today 17.01.2019 i tried to login into my character (Hekathon) server 1194 and i realised i have been baned. I demanded an explanation for this serious issue i have been accused of since i dont use any scrips or bots or anything to be punished for but nobody is answering me.

Olwin
Squire
Squire

Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:11 pm

Check viewtopic.php?f=46&t=23562 you are not alone.

I think the bot is not correctly coded
Don t expect a quick answer
Had a response 4 day ago, that the support will recheck my account, no news since ...