Demolith
Squire
Squire

Upgrading Tier 4 Fast

Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:38 am

Yesterday I upgraded my City Hall and Academy to level 21 and was able to get two tier 4 troops (cavalry and archers) in just a few hours, instead of waiting a month for each of them. Here is how I did it:

I saved up a ton of discounted speed ups from the courier, I still have quite a lot leftover even after doing this.

Got a 15% research rune from Temple Guardians. If you don't have access to The Lost Temple, you can do this with a shrine or alter and still get a good bonus, the difference shouldn't be huge. The important thing is to make sure you gather the rune BEFORE you start the tier 4 research. It brought it down from 21 days to 18 days for me.

After starting the research, wait for all the alliance help before you start using speed ups, this will deduct a few more days off. For me this brought it to around 14.5 days. Then I popped the two 7-Day Speed Ups I had from City Hall rewards and had tier 4 archers pretty much right away.

After that I made sure to get the 15% rune again, then started researching tier 4 cavalry, waited for alliance help, and used a lot of 3-Hour Speed Ups I had saved.

My math is at 7/10 (8%), and my alliance tech at 2/10 (1%). If your research boosts are higher or lower than mine, you should be able to do this almost the same exact way, just with a few more or less speed ups. I probably still have enough speed ups to get T4 infantry now using the same method, but I ran out of resources so going to do it in a day or two probably.

If you have any questions let me know, good luck getting your tier 4 upgrades if you don't have them already!
All warfare is based on deception.
Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories.
The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.

DeathEssence
Squire
Squire

Re: Upgrading Tier 4 Fast

Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:39 am

HI,
Congrats on T4. We are currently in a new Kingdom (32). And those shrines and altars are not yet open,

Still we have a few players (premium pay to win) guys with like 6M power in just 8 days of kingdom opening.

Wanted to say that Gems are really rare, and this game is not different then a pay-to-win strategy game.
:evil: :evil: Death Essence :evil: :evil:

Burguer
Squire
Squire

Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:36 am

DeathEssence wrote:
HI,
Congrats on T4. We are currently in a new Kingdom (32). And those shrines and altars are not yet open,

Still we have a few players (premium pay to win) guys with like 6M power in just 8 days of kingdom opening.

Wanted to say that Gems are really rare, and this game is not different then a pay-to-win strategy game.

I'm on K26 and the highest ranked player is 5kkk power. You can see the difference. RoC has a wider audience with more knowledge around and the higher number of people who are willing to pay more than a few bucks definitely establish a difference.

Demolith
Squire
Squire

Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:46 pm

You have a point, but people willing to spend that huge sum of money are not all that common, maybe just a handful per Kingdom. It does stink when one guy with T4 from spending thousands of dollars can take down a whole T2 alliance by himself on a young kingdom, but the kingdom is big, and hopefully you get lucky and stay away from those guys.

Also the people who do that often have no idea how to play the game, so they aren't very good at attacking anyway, just at spending money, haha. The guy who did that on kingdom 10 had double the power of anyone else and was still a noob.

Demolith
Squire
Squire

Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:48 pm

Won't let me delete my duplicate post so I'll just post some more useful information in the edit so the mods know I'm not trying to spam.

The resource cost for T4 if you're wondering is 5 million each of food, wood and gold, and 3.8 million of stone. Let me know if you have any other questions about this, thanks!

Pomace
Knight
Knight

Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:45 am

A very helpful info. I am just now starting to research my Tier 3 units and I did not even know that you can do that. I'll make sure to apply this on my future upgrades (that I need to boost) so that I can save on those speed boosts.

:D
Pomage, Germany
Kingdom of Lancaster

Pomeizu, Germany
Kingdom of Ephesus

Chillblaze
Baron
Baron

Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:59 am

Sounds legit but you forgot to mention that at least 2 alts are needed to provide resources for all this unless you are buying them. Or just do nothing else but farm almost entire server lifespan.
Saving those speed ups is often hard and depending on alliance situation but i agree is doable and better than waiting 20+ days.

I personally can't see any point playing after t4 as servers are stale by then...

Demolith
Squire
Squire

Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:59 am

Chillblaze wrote:
Sounds legit but you forgot to mention that at least 2 alts are needed to provide resources for all this unless you are buying them. Or just do nothing else but farm almost entire server lifespan.
Saving those speed ups is often hard and depending on alliance situation but i agree is doable and better than waiting 20+ days.

I personally can't see any point playing after t4 as servers are stale by then...

I wouldn't say "needed." I have no alts, though I definitely see the purpose in using them for people who have the time to play that amount. I play the game quite a bit and an alt would take up even more time. It could definitely help with resources, but you also can't get more than one alt in a Kingdom, so really it's one if you want to use them for gathering. I do farm a good amount, I'm number 30 on my server in gathering. The City Hall is pretty expensive, but the T4 research is only 5 million food,wood, gold, and 3.8 million stone, so that isn't too expensive, it's just the amount of time it takes that's the problem. What I did solved that problem though.

Chillblaze
Baron
Baron

Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:59 am

I am impatient to save those speed ups and usually spend them on t3 especially if there are territory wars going on. By the time regular players reach t4 most wars are already done and enemies already know to surrender early... I will try this in next realm tho...

OneHalf93
Squire
Squire

Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:06 pm

The fact is that if you want to destroy the game like a few players each kingdom are doing, you have to spend a lot of money.
5 € per month is very irrelevant in the count of power.