gothos
Squire
Squire

Starting F2P Suggestions

Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:52 pm

Hey guys,
I've just downloaded the game and created the account here. I've read some basic guides and figured I'd start with either the Germans or the Japanese. I'm going to be completely free-to-play. Can you veterans give me some tips please?

Oh, I'd be starting in server 111. Feel free to give a shoutout. :)
Cheers~

sisay9779
Squire
Squire

Re: Starting F2P Suggestions

Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:39 pm

Hi,

you need good farmer heroes. To level their abilities better don't level their star up.
level them to the max level of each "star" and start raising their abilities. Otherwise you raise their abilities random, which is sometimes frustating.

Scopio is a good attacker, jean a really good support. Try to get lohar or boudicca for barbarians.
Green heroes doesn't need to be leveled asap ( they are really weak ). Heroes with defend abilities arenn't that strong ( Hermann for example ).

Depending on your plans try to raise resource buildings and hospitals first.
be really careful in killevent time. build up many tier 1 siege weapons ( fastest units for collecting goods ).

That was it for the moment. Have fun stay strong. Keep going. :)

gothos
Squire
Squire

Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:22 pm

sisay9779 wrote:
Hi,

you need good farmer heroes. To level their abilities better don't level their star up.
level them to the max level of each "star" and start raising their abilities. Otherwise you raise their abilities random, which is sometimes frustating.

Scopio is a good attacker, jean a really good support. Try to get lohar or boudicca for barbarians.
Green heroes doesn't need to be leveled asap ( they are really weak ). Heroes with defend abilities arenn't that strong ( Hermann for example ).

Depending on your plans try to raise resource buildings and hospitals first.
be really careful in killevent time. build up many tier 1 siege weapons ( fastest units for collecting goods ).

That was it for the moment. Have fun stay strong. Keep going. :)

Thank you very much for your response. :)
Is there a particular way that is efficient for selecting buildings? What is the best way to get VIP points if I'm not buying gems or packs?
Cheers~

sisay9779
Squire
Squire

Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:31 pm

Kill barbarians with much many troops. You will geht a reward for each troup. This way you can also make higher leveld barbarians.
For Technologie: Speed buffs for farming an Building speed are important.

Raise your ally building with townhall level. in an active ally this will speed up youtr things by 1 % per help !
This is a lot. Focus not too much on ressource buildung. only that much that you can build up troups. this is more efficent.

Nealo
Squire
Squire

Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:25 pm

Hi Gothos,

I'm F2P and it really works fine for me. I'd say the most important things are growing and farming. Find a strong alliance that fits you perfectly and you're basically already set for late game. If you're behind with your power points, no need to worry! Most strong alliances will have a sub-alliance that's under their protection. Safety is very important.

At the start of this game you'll have plenty of resources. At least, you think. They will become very scarce. Once you're in an alliance with a well placed territory you can safely farm.

Here's a few more tips;
- Try not to use all the boosts at the start, you'll need them.
- Spend your gems on VIP to get to level 6. It will give you a second builder permanently.
- Let your builders work 24/7.
- Train your troops 24/7.
- Farm whenever you can.
- It can be very time consuming. Some alliances require you to participate at wars, at a given time. Be wary of this.
- Make sure to check a couple guides on YouTube before leveling commanders.

Hope this helps,
Nealo