As the situation is now, each server sooner or later ends up with one kingdom being superior than all other kingdoms. At this point it would be good to reset the map and "restart" the server. If nothing is done about this situation a server will simply die and people move to the next server, just to see the same happening on that next server. Sooner or later people will give up on the game and move on to a better game.
Implementing a win condition and resetting the server once any kingdom meets this win condition will help to keep the excitement and keep players motivated - they might be the winner in the next round.
Now a few things that would need to be ensured:
- heroes, troop, building levels will NOT reset
- all items will be kept (heroes and inventory)
- houses will be kept and of course also their tiers and members
- only thing that resets is the map: all players are moved back to their respective main city, all cities go neutral and are repopulated with NPCs (which should give exp and loot when sieged and conquered)
- a good number of world map NPC fights respawn according to each players castle level (in difficulty)
- honor is accumulated during each round of the server and is being reset when the winning condition is met (its not the honor that can be used up by players - but like the lifetime honor is now)
- each kingdom needs to have about the same number of active players - inactive players (not online for over lets say10 days) will be removed from the map and be parked in a "void" - if they decide to return to the game from the "void" they can do so at anytime - if new players come to the server they will be added to the kingdom with the lowest power total
Ok, meeting a winning condition isnt worth a lot, if there are no prizes to gain!
Therefor I will suggest a few options for prizes if your kingdom meets the winning condition:
- every player of the winning kingdom gets the option to chose one out of three different new models for their horse and can chose which hero they wanna display on their horse - on top all three horses have a bonus to runspeed (10%)
- as long as players are in their main city they gain a ressource production bonus of 40%
- the king is granted a different mount that is unique to the server
- every player of the winning kingdom is granted the following: 2.5K x castle level of each ressource and 10 x castle level of each rare ressource plus 10K x castle level hero experience on top a rare item per chance
The winning condition:
winning conditions should vary from roudn to round. possible options would be:
- conquer x number of cities (every city only counts one time and you need x cities at a given point)
- hold x amount of mine x for at least x days (countdown is visible at all times for all players, if any kingdom reached the needed number of mines)
- earn x amount of honor as a kingdom (numbers for all kingdoms are visible for each player all the time)
- rob x wagons (numbers of robbed wagons for all kingdoms are visible for each player all the time)
- win x duels as a kingdom (numbers of won duels for all kingdoms are visible for each player all the time)
and I bet you can come up with more winning conditions to keep it interesting. you could even implement different world maps ... or change the existing one once in a while to keep things interesting, new races would do their share in that regard also.
Well, just wanted to suggest it here, cause I think the game has potential, but doesnt use it to the utmost yet.